·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tel Aviv | South suburb | 10 x 40 fl

10 tower mixed use suburb planned in south area bordering Holon
40 floors, offices and residential

מגדלים בין הכבישים המהירים: 2,000 דירות ב-10 מגדלים בכניסה הדרומית לתל אביב
רשות מקרקעי ישראל מקדמת תוכנית לבניית שכונת ענק בין מחלף קיבוץ גלויות, כביש 1 ונתיבי איילון,
שיכללו 2,000 דירות ו־300 אלף מ"ר משרדים. לאור זיהום האוויר באזור, נשקלת האפשרות לאשר דירות מגורים רק מקומה 20
בשטח זה, על פי התוכנית, ייבנו כ־10 מגדלים בני כ־40 קומות, שישלבו שטחי משרדים ודירות מגורים

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
also planned north of this suburb

https://vimeo.com/232204987
Sorry 'MY Architects', but not a fan of this design. Reminds me of the kind of weird shaped hi-rises suddenly going up all over Ekaterinburg, where there are chosen unusual shapes just for the sake of it, but with no underlying purpose for the shapes.

Well it seems these 'MY Architects' firm were smoking a lot of drugs in architecture school https://www.facebook.com/MYArchitec...272425406392/1057923547574606/?type=3&theater

·
4,741 Posts
I thought the land belonged to Mikve Israel, but the article says it mostly belongs to Israel Railways, with a small part being "not-yet-developed land". I wonder how they were able to get hold of it. Interesting about Israel Railways though, it would have made sense to rebuild the passenger station there if it's going to be a tiny neighborhood with ~8,000 people.

·
Registered
160 Posts
the floodgates have opened

I thought the land belonged to Mikve Israel, but the article says it mostly belongs to Israel Railways, with a small part being "not-yet-developed land". I wonder how they were able to get hold of it. Interesting about Israel Railways though, it would have made sense to rebuild the passenger station there if it's going to be a tiny neighborhood with ~8,000 people.
The knesset did pass a law enabling the sale of land owned by miikve israel.
The excuse was the 4th railway on ayalon.
But i guess the floodgates have open now that the law passed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were many people with interests backing the law as well.
(It did pass VERY fast mind you)

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tel Aviv's "project 5":
5 new suburbs with 20,000 apts starting constructions

Glilot (new north) - 12,000 apt
Maccabi Yaffo - 1,500 apt
Mevo'ot Yaffo, Hurshot, Bezeq - 3,000 apt
Kfar Shalem - 1,500 apt
East side - 2,000 apt