SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3861 - 3880 of 3911 Posts

·
6,136 Posts
alam na. Sabi ko na nga ba e. Entire process to me is nothing more but a farce.
I'm probably the most DDS amongst the SSC staff but even I agree with this...the process was indeed a farce. And its not China Telecom in particular, I do feel this was favouring Dennis Uy more than anybody. I agree with Converge that this whole process is giving huge disadvantage to the local players, even those that are striving to offer us better services in whatever way they can.

Given the sheer technobabble of bringing this third Telco, I betcha some bad apples are making it so complicated the president himself will never truly understand what has taken place. I am actually rooting for PT&T and Chavit Singson on their legal actions. This process has to be repeated and the rules changed so it does not favour one individual.

That said, I do not like Chavit Singson's proposal on the satellite based services because frankly, that technology is simply too unreliable. Just go on a cruise ship and see how *awesome* and *cheap* satellite based internet can be... :|

·
Welcome to the Planet
2,225 Posts
it seems the other 2 got disqualified because of a very basic requirement they can't provide. are those documents really hard to get by that a supposedly a multi million dollar company can't get?

I was hoping for Telenor but the 60/40 rule fcuks us until this day! why bother investing in this country if you can't even control most of it and you have to share with shady local counterparts? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I wouldn't be too quick to say it's tailor-made for Dennis Uy.

The reasons for disqualifying the 2 others, if they really were in the TOR/RFP, then they're legitimate. For example, I cannot fathom why PT&T cannot produce a "certificate of competence". It seems like they dropped the ball on that one. Chavit was able to produce it when his firm firm doesn't have the experience they have.

As for that 700M thingy, how was Chavit NOT able to produce that? He's the fcking jueteng lord for fcksakes. PT&T was able to provide it and that firm has been losing money for years!

If both competitors were DQ'ed or beaten for the same reasons, I would be making that judgement too. But this wasn't the case.

I can't help but think though, that Dennis Uy perhaps would have known in advance what the requirements were, either from insider information or simply knowing Digong too well.

I've been a cheerleader for PT&T right from the start, but I also was hoping the winner would have a foreign partner. PT&T, I know, would have a hard time finding a partner with their current financial situation.

At the end of the day - regardless of what comes out of the protests and appeals - it's still a win for consumers. There's no guarantee Dennis Uy will get that many subscribers if the majority of the Filipinos start hating him for being favored, or for partnering with the Chinese, or both.

·
Registered
230 Posts
May 3 days pa sila para mag comply pero mas gusto ko tlga china telecom sa hk 700 pesos nila ay 5 months unli internet

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wouldn't be too quick to say it's tailor-made for Dennis Uy.

The reasons for disqualifying the 2 others, if they really were in the TOR/RFP, then they're legitimate. For example, I cannot fathom why PT&T cannot produce a "certificate of competence". It seems like they dropped the ball on that one. Chavit was able to produce it when his firm firm doesn't have the experience they have.

As for that 700M thingy, how was Chavit NOT able to produce that? He's the fcking jueteng lord for fcksakes. PT&T was able to provide it and that firm has been losing money for years!

If both competitors were DQ'ed or beaten for the same reasons, I would be making that judgement too. But this wasn't the case.

I can't help but think though, that Dennis Uy perhaps would have known in advance what the requirements were, either from insider information or simply knowing Digong too well.

I've been a cheerleader for PT&T right from the start, but I also was hoping the winner would have a foreign partner. PT&T, I know, would have a hard time finding a partner with their current financial situation.

At the end of the day - regardless of what comes out of the protests and appeals - it's still a win for consumers. There's no guarantee Dennis Uy will get that many subscribers if the majority of the Filipinos start hating him for being favored, or for partnering with the Chinese, or both.
Lahat sila alam kung anong requirements di pwedeng di nila alam

·
Banned
51 Posts
Once "MISLATEL", the service provider of Udenna, Chelsea and China Telecom consortium, announced as the 'official' Major 3rd player, it is expected to have a huge shift of subscribers to them.

Their committed internet speed as per their bid today on the first year out of the required 5 year commitment, is 27 Mbps which is higher than the world's fastest internet speed in South Korea. Thereafter, the committed service level from year 2 to 5 is 55 Mbps far above the minimum required by the law at 5 Mbps.

The only question now is how much it would cost these internet speed to be availed by Filipino consumers.

Smart and Globe should get their assesses ready for battle. :banana:

·
Banned
51 Posts
^^ Not necessarily.

When they say "committed service level", it doesn't necessarily mean "average speed", it could be their "minimum speed" to offer.

China Telecom is already offering 1 Tbps in Hong Kong.

At the end of the day, it boils down to the cost and speed offering.

Remember, China Telecom is ahead of the 5G technology race than America. :cheers:

·
Bibimbaaaaaap
2,455 Posts
Sayang lang talaga na hindi tumuloy si Converge or even KT for the bidding lalo't sila ang bet ko. Hoping that DICT would open another bid, regardless kung tuloy ang Udenna-China Telecom or hindi.

·
6,136 Posts
Eh bakit nmn kasi umatras ang converge?
The financial requirements are too much. Frankly, those "requirements" are BS and was designed to keep smaller but innovative local players out. PLDT and Globe were not required to have such ridiculously large financial security bonds in place so clearly the NTC was up to something... :sly:

·
Idiot Killer
1,370 Posts
I don't know why people are bitching about the recent bidding. The TOR was well balanced between the technical and financial aspects. I don't like China Telco but the consortium won fair and square. It was those fairly small details why the other bidders lost.

The winning bidder will still undergo a post-qualification screening and the BAC may find something that will make their win void.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Kung di ganun kalaking pera eh pano sya lalaban sa 2 telco magagaya lng sya sa sun na titiklop.bakit tayo kukuha ng smaller at innovative kung meron naman bigger at innovative na company.
Correct.

Losers will always be bitter and will have that "feeling" that they have been "robbed".

The process has been transparent and the winning bidder won fair and square.

Now, if those other telecoms felt they don't have the money

1) why they forced themselves to join when they know they will lose in the first place?
2) why they don't join forces to be up against china telecom in order to have the money needed?

These are just basic questions where answers are already smack onto their faces. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
^^ Not necessarily.

When they say "committed service level", it doesn't necessarily mean "average speed", it could be their "minimum speed" to offer.

China Telecom is already offering 1 Tbps in Hong Kong.

At the end of the day, it boils down to the cost and speed offering.

Remember, China Telecom is ahead of the 5G technology race than America. :cheers:
HK has a good network infrastructures and it is also a main gateway in Asia Pacific same with Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea. They can offer higher bandwidth for a decent price unlike here in our country, we don't have a good network infrastructures to cater those TBPS or GBPS capacities.

·
Registered
20,858 Posts
3861 - 3880 of 3911 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.