SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
That's huge alright! :) :eek:
And to think I thought the whole terminal 1 was complete last time I went in the winter. :bash:

But one thing that I don't like about Pearson is that all 3 terminals aren't connected or within possible walking distance. I hated last time when the taxi driver drove me to the T2 instead of T1 and I had to wait 20 minutes to get on that packed charter bus to get to T1 at midnight. :(

·
Banned
609 Posts
yeah, I've seen the skeleton of the train as I've entered the new terminal. Looks pretty cool, reminds me of the shuttle trains at the orlando airport.

·
Registered
127 Posts
thing is...when all is said and done, there will be very few people going from T1 to T3, except for connecting charters, all *A will be out of T1, and WestJet. And very long term, they are going to tear down T3 and have one big massive T1. This train will serve more as a first step towards a rail link to downtown

·
Registered
127 Posts
rbt said:
This train will serve more as a first step towards a rail link to downtown

Probably get more people using the train between T1 and the surface parking than anything else.
probably, but its not linked to Park N' Fly :(

·
2,714 Posts
probably, but its not linked to Park N' Fly

True, but if you're an employee or use the reduced rate surface lots then there will be lots of opportunities to use it.

http://www.gtaa.com/documents/news/master_plan_chapter6.pdf

Take a look at page 35 or 36. The station directly across Airport road is where the Blue 22 transfer will take place, and where Reduced Rate parking currently is. Note the potential extension to additional surface lot structures north of Viscount Road.

Oh, and pay special attention to the reserved transit corridor that parallels the 427 to the 401/Eglinton intersection, and note that it appears on the 2015 map. Also consider that the TTCs capital expansion plans (RTES) has indicated Eglinton hits about 3rd priority after Sheppard, etc -- which if they get full funding for expansion would put Eglinton at about 2015.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Nice new pics, Skybean. :D

Also, is there any news about the shuttle train? It sounds like a great idea and Toronto's airport could use those.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Travis, I think it is supposed to open in the fall, you can actually see the track in Skybeans first pic, its white box track, on the right side, beside the construction.

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
I think it will age pretty well...it has alot of space and natural light and I dont think that will ever go out of style.

·
Olde Guard
1,806 Posts
does anyone have any pics of what the shuttle trains will look like?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts