SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
That's huge alright! :) :eek:
And to think I thought the whole terminal 1 was complete last time I went in the winter. :bash:

But one thing that I don't like about Pearson is that all 3 terminals aren't connected or within possible walking distance. I hated last time when the taxi driver drove me to the T2 instead of T1 and I had to wait 20 minutes to get on that packed charter bus to get to T1 at midnight. :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
thing is...when all is said and done, there will be very few people going from T1 to T3, except for connecting charters, all *A will be out of T1, and WestJet. And very long term, they are going to tear down T3 and have one big massive T1. This train will serve more as a first step towards a rail link to downtown

·
2,714 Posts
probably, but its not linked to Park N' Fly

True, but if you're an employee or use the reduced rate surface lots then there will be lots of opportunities to use it.

http://www.gtaa.com/documents/news/master_plan_chapter6.pdf

Take a look at page 35 or 36. The station directly across Airport road is where the Blue 22 transfer will take place, and where Reduced Rate parking currently is. Note the potential extension to additional surface lot structures north of Viscount Road.

Oh, and pay special attention to the reserved transit corridor that parallels the 427 to the 401/Eglinton intersection, and note that it appears on the 2015 map. Also consider that the TTCs capital expansion plans (RTES) has indicated Eglinton hits about 3rd priority after Sheppard, etc -- which if they get full funding for expansion would put Eglinton at about 2015.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.