SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorrry for opening such a thread, you can delete it if it's totally OT.

I will be around Texas in August, i will be meeting a family from McKinney north of Dallas. I searched long but differently from here (i'm from Italy) it seems it's not possibile to find home for just a month (1-31) since most apartments are available for at least 3. Any advice?
Please don't tell me to go to extended stays', i used to have bad experiences...

Btw by leavin out summer heat Texas should be beautiful :)

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Extended stays really would be your best option, BUT if that's not something you want to do..it may be possible to find some furnished apartments or upscale homes for sale. Sometimes people selling upscale homes will let out a house for short-term rent while they're trying to sell it so that they can collect a month of rent or so while their house is on the market and it won't be completely vacant when they're trying to show it to prospective buyers.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
craigslist? call the apartment and ask if you can do a month to month lease; it'll cost you more, but it's an option.

enjoy your stay...we're already setting record temps, but it's cooler than iraq.

-

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. I know craiglist

I even know about temperatures from our freinds living there, here it's pretty cool these days in spite of the usual 30-35°C. Humidity is almost at the same levels as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts