SkyscraperCity banner

561 - 580 of 827 Posts

·
Large Member
1,127 Posts
If only the Gardiner weren't there at all!

If you would do me the kindness of looking at my new blog WOWchitecture.com I would be ever so grateful.
Don't go there...we've debated the pros and cons of the Gardiner ad nauseum here! IMO the view from it is great, but the view of it is an abomination.

·
36,859 Posts
The ramp is being shortened while the circular off ramp is being eliminated altogether.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
If only we could count on similar quality to Simcoe. At least there's precast spandrel instead of glass

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The ramp is being shortened while the circular off ramp is being eliminated altogether.
I always thought the circular ramp would be a pretty cool 'viewing platform' if they just spruced it up and left it as a ramp to 'nowhere' inside a park. Although I guess it's kind of ugly.

·
36,859 Posts
What we're getting in the return is a much needed park in an area seeing drastically higher density. We can't have one without the other if we want the quality of life in our city to be maintained.

Shortening the off ramp will have huge benefits as well. A reminder of what we're getting:

New park:

·
Transhumanist
648 Posts

·
36,859 Posts
I'm quite excited for this stretch of town. The rumoured Target in One York, the exit ramp taken down, the re-done park, and decent design have my interest piqued. It's also the last lot to be developed between the rail line and Queen's Quay so we'll have a continuous street wall all the way to the water for the first time. It's a template of what we can expect as we continue building right up to the Gardiner and rail lines.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm quite excited for this stretch of town. The rumoured Target in One York, the exit ramp taken down, the re-done park, and decent design have my interest piqued. It's also the last lot to be developed between the rail line and Queen's Quay so we'll have a continuous street wall all the way to the water for the first time. It's a template of what we can expect as we continue building right up to the Gardiner and rail lines.
Yeah, I have also heard they want to develop the site where Harbour 60 Stakehouse is located. Not sure how far along that is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, the threads here on SS are really quiet.

The first post on this page is from Jan 2, 2014 and the last post - I guess is this one - Jan 24, 2015.

Over on UT they would have filled in 25 pages over the same period.

I suppose no one will notice this post until late February or March, but I just had to throw it out there.

561 - 580 of 827 Posts