Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
We have some conversation in some other thread about teochiew people, i guess we can have a thread for teochiew people in Cambodia, or anyone that has teochiew roots but associate themself with Cambodia.

So who is a teochiewnang (潮州人) here?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I had a girl friend who is Teo Chew Vietnamese; Oh Lord! God of mankind, she is such a hot temper girl. I don't know if most of Teo Chew are like that or just this girl but one thing for sure she is one and the only one that I had a bad memory with.

A Cantonese Vietnamese friend told me, "One very noticeable characteristic of the Teo Chew is that they are very hot temper.". The girl friend that I had have that kind of characteristic and from what I know her whole family members are the same.

One good advice for yo Cambodians, stay away from the Teo Chew, don't make friend with Teo Chew people, they will bring you no good, just headache...

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
I don't know if it is a Teo Chiew charateristic, but from the group around me, I probably can't disagree we are kind of short-tempered.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
One good advice for yo Cambodians, stay away from the Teo Chew, don't make friend with Teo Chew people, they will bring you no good, just headache...
This is a over-generalisation, among us, we live in peace.

Something I heard from people, don't go into business with Vietnamese. I know many people that got burn partner with Vietnamese to run business. So if I also go over-generalisation, I will (like many others) stay away from Vietnamese.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a girl friend who is Teo Chew Vietnamese; Oh Lord! God of mankind, she is such a hot temper girl. I don't know if most of Teo Chew are like that or just this girl but one thing for sure she is one and the only one that I had a bad memory with.

A Cantonese Vietnamese friend told me, "One very noticeable characteristic of the Teo Chew is that they are very hot temper.". The girl friend that I had have that kind of characteristic and from what I know her whole family members are the same.

not always true and my parents have said the same thing about cantonese but i will not make the same kind of generalizations

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you wanna talk about older chinese and korean people then i'll agree with you but i could easily say southeast asian-americans are even worse. in my experiences, cambodian-americans are more bold and in your face when they have a problem with you. stronger urban/african-american type of swagger and cockiness to them(especially among young males) and are generally more aggressive

·
D & Y
98,242 Posts
all the 潮州 girls I've met have very nice and smooth skins and they are pretty fair as well. Just like all other girls, some 潮州 girls have short temper and some of them have very soft and delicate touch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts