SkyscraperCity banner

241 - 260 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
100,912 Posts
It's good for Bandar Tasik Selatan such and integrated terminal for southern sector of transportation hub...

·
Registered
488 Posts
i hope our govt will have reconstruction of bandar tasik selatan railway station (like masjid jamek station currently) and link the station with plaza not link bridge. link bridge is too narrow for large pedestrian flow, and there will be shoplots surrounding the plaza and this creates job.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
I agree !!!Where is the huge parking lot???I would put one that can park at least 5000 cars and only charge one ringgit a day!!!!Thats how u get people to use this terminal to the max instead them driving into the city!!

·
Registered
100,912 Posts
UDA in talks to manage transport terminals
By Ahmad Fairuz Othman Published: 2010/10/09
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/dajor/Article/index_html

Property developer UDA Holdings Bhd is in talks with the federal government to manage integrated transport terminals (ITTs) in the Klang Valley and Johor.

UDA chairman Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed said the Economic Planning Unit and the Ministry of Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing had given positive indications for it to manage the soon-to-open RM570 million ITT in Bandar Tasik Selatan, Kuala Lumpur.

UDA has also submitted a proposal to manage a transportation hub in Johor Baru under the Iskandar Malaysia blueprint.

All tender proposals were submitted last year.

UDA is also interested in managing two similar transport terminals being planned for Gombak and Kota Damansara, Selangor.

"There is now an integrated transport hub in Bandar Tasik Selatan and, later, there will be others built in Gombak and Kota Damansara.

"We will have to apply to manage the other two terminals and it will depend on the government's approval," Nur Jazlan said at UDA Land (South) Sdn Bhd's Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House in Johor Baru yesterday.

UDA has 32 years experience managing transportation infrastructure, such as the Puduraya bus terminal, and aims to provide better services and open up retail opportunities for traders.

UDA will meet with Land Public Transport Commission chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Albar to seal the deal to manage the Bandar Tasik Selatan ITT.

"This is among the core businesses of UDA that could be improved. We currently have 30 employees at Puduraya and will have new employees for the ITT in Bandar Tasik Selatan."

On Puduraya, Nur Jazlan said that UDA will make good its promise of getting operations at the newly renovated terminal to resume on January 1 next year.

"Puduraya will be completed on time by December 31 as we have promised this to the Prime Minister and Kuala Lumpur City Hall," he said.

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
in hong kong, the integrated thinggy, you know under 2IFC where the airport link ended..you got to walk really long and steep tunnel from one line to another

so this thing got long bridge instead of tunnel, dun really get what the hu haa bout..

but if wanna a real terminal like KL sentral, dun think it really hard to find someone to build a mall ontop of the track to finally''intergrated' it

·
Registered
100,912 Posts
Source: http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2010/12/24/central/7678813&sec=central

---

Bandar Tasik Selatan integrated transport terminal (ITT) would be completed by January. He lauded its world-class infrastructure and how it would facilitate public transport serving the southern states.

The Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Albar had reportedly said in September that its advanced terminal management system was a “great improvement” over existing systems in other major bus terminals. The terminal will link buses with LRT, ERL and KTM Komuter.

The terminal’s lobby was described as looking like it belongs in an airport, where LED board displays important information like departure and arrival times next to a long line of ticketing counters.

“It will be a first for Malaysia in terms of sophistication and has the capacity to handle 40,000 passengers and 1,000 buses per day. In an hour, 110 buses can be accommodated,” said Syed Hamid during his visit back then.

---

·
Registered
729 Posts
the building seem so big..!!!
hope it as efficient as wat they said...
my suggestion for puduraya, leave it to rapid kl n other domestic bus services.
can afford any intercity bus operation anymore...

·
12,952 Posts
Yup very beautiful if you view it at night from 7pm till 7am, everyday from since 2 months ago. :yes:

It makes a lot of people wonder why they have to waste electricity on that scale. And please lah......no more rubbish like they have to work on the interior at night and that sort of crap cause they could switched on the lights by zone. This place are entirely litted up!

·
Registered
729 Posts
well szehoong, i think one of the reason already u wrote there.
but in addition, i guess they wanna make it in full ready condition.
its like full rehearsal..hehe...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Had a look at this today didn't see any buses so I guess its not fully open yet. I agree with the comments about lack of integration with the surrounding kampungs which are near but yet so far away - this geograhic segregation is a familar trend throughout the whole of Malaysia.

bridge across from LRT/KTM/ERL

Main ticket hall

Makan hall

departures

drop off

arrivals

241 - 260 of 518 Posts