Skyscraper City Forum banner
341 - 360 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Somebody pls post a pic with bus at the terminal. Like I said earlier, passes by there a couple of dozen times and still no buses. Maybe wrong timing? But Bkt Jalil, Jln Duta, Pasar Rakyat and Terminal Putra is still abuzz with activities and buses - all the time! What went wrong with this one?
Most bus companies are not willing to move from bukit jalil and nothing has been done. When it rains trust me you dont want to go to the "terminal" at bukit jalil. The authority obviously does not care.

·
Registered
102,951 Posts
Over 50 bus operators agree to relocate to Bandar Tasik Selatan
By ISABELLE LAI Saturday February 26, 2011
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/2/26/nation/8146709&sec=nation

PETALING JAYA: The new Integrated Transportation Terminal at Bandar Tasik Selatan (ITT-BTS) will finally be fully operational with more than 50 bus operators agreeing to locate there from March 1.

Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) head of state operations and terminal licensing Mohd Fuad Ahmad said 34 operators would use e-ticketing systems.

“These operators who have met our selection criteria have counters to sell their own tickets,” he said after heading the balloting session attended by 56 bus operators yesterday.

Those who did not have an e-ticketing system or had less than 10 trips per day were not given counters and were encouraged to sell their tickets under the BTS system instead.

He also urged the public to come to ITT-BTS instead of the Bukit Jalil terminal beginning March 1 for all south-bound trips, except to and from Seremban.

Meanwhile, bus operators expressed full confidence that they would be able to begin business by the March 1 deadline.

Konsortium Transnasional Bhd (KTB) human resources and corporate services head Abdul Samad Kamari said KTB had been allocated four counters as it conducts over a hundred trips per day.

The counters are up and everything is ready for us to move in over the weekend,” he said.

Causeway Link Express supervisor Tay Cheng Hoe said the state-of-the-art facilites would be good for business as it would draw more passengers.

Eltabina Jaya Sdn Bhd director Abdul Halim Mohamed said the new bus terminal was a win-win situation for both bus operators and passengers.

“We don’t normally operate under such great facilities,” he said.

·
Registered
731 Posts
All bus operator will move to TBS..let see how it work and hopefully sumbody nearby can take a picture for new counter and how bukit jalil look alike the day after tomorrow...:banana:

TBS-BTS fully operational tomorrow
2011/02/28

The temporary bus terminal at Bukit Jalil will cease operation from tomorrow. All South-bound express bus passengers are to board at the Bandar Tasik Selatan Transport Terminal.

KUALA LUMPUR: All south bound bus service will operate from the Integrated South-Bandar Tasik Selatan Transport Terminal (TBS-BTS) from tomorrow.

With effect to that, the temporary bus terminal at Bukit Jalil will cease operation.

A statement issued by the Prime Minister's Department today stated that all south-bound express bus service, except to Seremban, would operate from TBS-BTS.

Therefore, all south-bound express bus passengers are to board the bus at the TBS-BTS.

For enquiries, the public can contact the terminal at 03-90575804 or 03-90575802 or its website at http:www.tbsbts.com.my. or e-mail to [email protected].

BERNAMA

·
Registered
182 Posts
Photo Taken Today around 5pm:cheers:

IMG_1690 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1693 by suff79, on Flickr
-parking rate quite expensive..same as KL sentral-
IMG_1667 by suff79, on Flickr<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5488187793/" title="IMG_1669 by suff79, on Flickr">
IMG_1669 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1686 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1660 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1661 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1670 by suff79, on Flickr
-Additional Counters-
IMG_1672 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1673 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1674 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1676 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1677 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1680 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1687 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1683 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1679 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1675 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1665 by suff79, on
IMG_1664 by suff79, on Flickr
IMG_1662 by suff79, on
IMG_1681 by suff79, on
IMG_1663 by suff79, on Flickr

·
All Urban
4,348 Posts
sigh...win a MyVi at a bus terminal?

I dun wanna win a myvi! Give me free bus travel for me and my family for the next 25 years instead!

Other than that - the terminal looks quite nice and shiny and looks like there are some nice shops (mostly franchises tho - how about some really "local" brands and shops?)

Cheers, m

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
:lol:How true .They got it right in many ways,For sure spacious,My only concerns is how the terminal building is link to the 3 train platforms.:eek:ho:And off course during peak hours traffic on the MRR2 .By the way whats the deal with maju holding managing the place?That little lombong can be perfect for a public park before they put a few more condos/apts.Overall kudos well done.Its even nicer than the LCCT:lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
what is the difference between the ticket bus counter with the company name and the one without any name...'
however the additional counter look kinda tacky since it has been build in such hurry, look a like those skybus counter at the LCCT who will shout to you when you get out of the arrival hall.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Ur right about ticket counters!Especially transnational counter what a shame!Everything about terminal is positive just minor improvements here and there.Is about moving people from point A to B.I would love to see the taxi/intercity stop on level 3 instead of where it is now.Upgrading the walkway/pedestrian bridge from the MRR2 to the terminal building via the different train stations will be good.

·
Registered
482 Posts
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2011/3/2/central/8164859&sec=central

Orderly manner: Passengers queuing up to board a bus at the Integrated Transportation Terminal- Bandar Tasik Selatan. – By Kevin Tan/The Star
this is far beautiful than our current LCCT, government should build more of this..and of course people's attitude start to change, they queuing like they are in airport, this is how we can chg malaysian attitude, government must build quality modern infrastructure and people will respect it by behave in good manner.:banana:

341 - 360 of 518 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.