SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

· Banned
326 Posts
I really don't think we can call Teslić - a city. It's one small town in western part of Srpska, near Banja Luka. Yes, it has Banja Vrućica, but that's all. And about it's beauty, for me it's cute small place, but to be honest nothing special. We have many places like that. That new Orthodox church is probably the best thing in the town?

Just maybe 30-40 kilometars to north is town with ~ same population, but much more developed. It's Prnjavor, and I think that Teslić should copy some things from Prnjavor, mostly those things Prnjavor did with it's economy.

· Registered
4,644 Posts
Pavle said:
I really don't think we can call Teslić - a city. It's one small town in western part of Srpska, near Banja Luka. Yes, it has Banja Vrućica, but that's all. And about it's beauty, for me it's cute small place, but to be honest nothing special. We have many places like that. That new Orthodox church is probably the best thing in the town?

Just maybe 30-40 kilometars to north is town with ~ same population, but much more developed. It's Prnjavor, and I think that Teslić should copy some things from Prnjavor, mostly those things Prnjavor did with it's economy.

I respect your thoughts, but I believe that Teslic is a city. Considering that a city is, "A center of population, commerce, and culture." :) All those things qualify Teslic as a city in my opinion.
Give Teslic some more time, I'm sure they'll have more and more impressive things in the city.
I've really curious about Prnjavor, why don't you make us a thread and post some really nice pictures in it? I'd really enjoy seeing another BIH city on the list.
:cheers1:

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Boyice, hehehe I really don't know, Banja Vrucica is known for it's Heath, and helping people recover from injuries, and sickness, so I am sure that has something to do with that.

Pavle,

I don't really understand you,

Teslic has always been known as a City, and not many people have ever considered it other wise. It is very young but has accomplished many things in it's history. Banja Vrucica was among the Top 5 Major Tourist Attractions Before the War, and today has commercials, and is again becoming what it once was. Teslic was the First City in the Balkans to have a plant for chemical conversion of wood by the process of destructive distillation. It's Population Before the war was Much higher than it is now, but with the war, it is now only 50,000. Still Teslic is a Very Modern City, and to say that the orthodox church (made in 2003) is the best thing in Town, is very offensive since We have the Historic Liplje Monastery, The Roman Catholic Church, Elite Cafe, Destilacija, Borja ski resort, Stecci, Beautiful Parks, and the Usora river. Teslic is also one of the most multi-ethnic parts of RS. It has several mosques in the villages around it, one catholic church in the city centre, two orthodox churches in the city centre, and countless others around the city. I am also very proud of that, and Teslic has much more to offer.. I will make sure to show it all off!

Mimica,

I really don't see how Prnjavor can at all compete with Teslic.

It really has nothing more, but maybe less than Teslic has. Here is the Site:

http://galerija.prnjavor.info/

· Registered
4,644 Posts
yugoboy said:
Mimica,

I really don't see how Prnjavor can at all compete with Teslic.

It really has nothing more, but maybe less than Teslic has. Here is the Site:

http://galerija.prnjavor.info/

My friend, I didn't say anything bad about Teslic. As a matter of fact, I love Teslic. It's one of those "get away from it all" type of cities that still holds itself to being modern. :)
All I said about Prnjavor was that it would be interesting to have a thread about it.

· Banned
326 Posts
It's normal that Teslić is best place on the world for you, becoase you are from Teslić. I am speaking as a person who visited Teslić, been Banja Vrućica, visited city center and the town is (in my opinion) nothing special. There are many places like. I don't know, I don't see much prosperity in Teslić as I do in some other places like Prnjavor, Derventa or Modriča. Maybe it's becose Teslić isn't on some "hot road" like Prnjavor is (everyone who's going from Banja Luka or Prijedor to east must go through Prnjavor).

I didn't say Teslić is bad town, but I only reacted when you said it's a city. For my beleives it's not a city. Cities are Banja Luka, Sarajevo, Bijeljina, Mostar, Prijedor, Doboj, Novi Sad, Osijek...Teslić is only one small town.

And you asked me (I think...) how can Prnjavor compete with Teslić? Let's start, shall we :colgate:

Town of Prnjavor - 52.559 population!
Town of Teslić - 48.731 population!

Prnjavor:

- excellent economy which is dramatically rising (thanks to Dušanić and all those Prnjavorčani from Germany and Austria) ->*****
- new residental buildings everywhere, population is booming -> *****
- located on most important road in republic, connects Doboj and east with Banja Luka and other western cities/towns -> *****

Teslić:

- enonomy not so great, but it's not worse in republic. I would say - nothing special -> ***
- to be honest there are some new resindental buildings, but only a few. As Borg would was - irrelevant ->**
- locations in good, but town is a bit isolated ->**

Results:

Teslić - 7 stars!
Prnjavor - 15 stars!

I guess that Prnjavor is simply too big bite for Teslić. I don't know did you ever visited that town, but you should. I used to be there 1-2 months ago and I couldn't recognize it (I were there also 4 years ago since my last visit). For 4 years town exploded! Teslić did not!

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Pavle,

I never Said Teslic is the best place on earth! I just wanted to show people what a Small City Like Teslic has to offer! If you have been to the City Centre and Banja Vrucica, I am sure that was nice but even that is not all it has. Teslic is one of the biggest Municipalities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with the Biggest Village in BIH, Cecava. So Teslic is not only That small part you have been to.

All these great things you say about Prnjavor seem to be wonderful and very amazing since the rest of RS, really doesn’t have a great economy it seems amazing to me Prnjavor has an "excellent economy which is dramatically rising"
and you write there are "some new residential buildings, but only a few." yes, there actually in the past year have built several, and there are more plans to build. You have forgotten to add about all the new Cafe's , and businesses that have since been made in Teslic, and that all the important meetings Banja Vrucica has held, along with Sports and Cultural Events! Teslic is also on a Road to Banja Luka, and Doboj, Two Major RS Towns! (Scrole down to the map of BIH)...now listen I could spend days writing about how Teslic is better than Prnjavor... but this thread is not about that, you can make a Teslic vs. Prnjavor Thread if you like and than prove to me all these wonderful things about Prnjavor, but my Thread is about Teslic, and only Teslic! :D ahha

BTW, What do you have against Teslic, that you had to bring up Prnjavor is a better City? :)

· Banned
326 Posts
Beleive me I have nothing against Teslić! But simply I do not find Teslić to be something special, and for me there are many, many better places in Srpska. Maybe I'm wrong, I would like that I'm wrong. I would like Teslić to be such a great place as you're all saying it is.

Any by the way, my current girlfriend is originally from Prnjavor :colgate:

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
haha oh Pavle,

they are all The same cities.. I mean seariously It's not like Teslic is Baghdad and Prnjavor is New York.. ahha.. they are all our cities anyways.. I like all Yugoslav Cities! :) ( but you just ruind prjavor for me ;))

· Registered
2,420 Posts
*Chants* Tesanj, Tesanj, Tesanj!

Hehehe, just teasing, Yugoboy. I actually saw a spot about Teslic on the news a short time ago, and took very careful notice since I now know a Teslican. ;)

It was about how unusual the ethnic relations in Teslic are. It said the diversity in the municipality is among the best in RS with slightly over 87% of the population being Orthodox Serbs - but said that ethnic tension there was the among the strongest in the RS with an "overwhelming majority" of all three peoples in the area - Bosniaks, Croats, and Serbs - reporting that they had "no contact" with people from other ethnic groups and the rest reporting "only when necessary".

They compared this with Doboj (excluding Doboj Jug and Doboj Istok) which has one of the worst ethnic diversity ratings (Almost 95% Orthodox Serb) but among the best relations between ethnic groups in the RS with 100% of Bosniaks and Croats reporting "daily contact" with members of other ethnic groups, and an "overwhelming majority" of Serbs reporting "whenever possible" contact with members of other ethnic groups.

In Doboj they also asked another question, and found that almost all Bosniaks and Croats supported "more returns, and new settlement" of Bosniaks and Croats. More than 75% of Serbs supported "more returns" and almost 35% percent supported "new settlement" of Bosniaks and Croats.

The whole premise was in announcing a decision choosing Teslic as a prime target for some internationally-sponsored program to bring kids together through football, mixed-ethnicity children's teams.

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Mimica, Good Idea, I am also interested in that city.. I wonder if it is as Good as he says ;)

*Chants* Tesanj, Tesanj, Tesanj!
OK, PAYBACK.... SARAJEVO! SARAJEVO! GDJE JE MOJA RAJA! GDJE JE MOJA RAJA! :D

It was about how unusual the ethnic relations in Teslic are. It said the diversity in the municipality is among the best in RS with slightly over 87% of the population being Orthodox Serbs - but said that ethnic tension there was the among the strongest in the RS with an "overwhelming majority" of all three peoples in the area - Bosniaks, Croats, and Serbs - reporting that they had "no contact" with people from other ethnic groups and the rest reporting "only when necessary"
Well thanks for Depressing me! :D haha. no actually thank you for the information! Last time i was in Teslic (The summer of 2004) Everything seemed normal, I didn't notice any ethnic tension at all, i passed by the mosque, catholic church with no tension :D hehe or maybe i was just in my own *I wish everyone was Yugoslav LALA Land* heheh.. but it's good they are having a program to bring our children (also Future) together :).

· Registered
4,644 Posts
Excellent pictures yugoboy. :) I've got some good news as well, I'm using my new computer! :cheers1:
I finally get enough courage to walk down to the store, and buy my extremely new, extremely modern, extremely fast, and extremely sexy (;)) laptop. :)

· Banned
326 Posts
yugoboy said:
haha oh Pavle,

they are all The same cities.. I mean seariously It's not like Teslic is Baghdad and Prnjavor is New York.. ahha.. they are all our cities anyways.. I like all Yugoslav Cities! :) ( but you just ruind prjavor for me ;))
Аха...тако значи, ти си један од оних непоправљивих комуњара :colgate:

И ја сам некада тако осјећао, док ми пушке мојих дотадашњих пријатеља нису показале реалност. Али нека, лијепо је да још има таквих људи који сањају стари југословенски сан! Истина пропао, али нека...

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Ok I Have never been so Frustrated.. since the "should I call them Bosniaks, or Muslims" Crissis!

From Serbia to all-America?

Basically it's about a Kid From Teslic, that's really good at BasketBall :D ... but just look how they Describe His hometown... :sleepy:

"Jotanovic was 7 in 1991 when the civil war broke out near his tiny hometown of Teslic, population 5,000. " BULLSHIT! it's 50,000 In the Monicipality and 10,000 in the actual City!

"while much improved over those in Teslic, which didn't even have a throwing circle — were hardly first-rate. He had no indoor space to throw, so in the winter, when Jotanovic needed to prepare for the competitive spring and summer seasons, he practiced outside in the snow. Electricity was unpredictable. So was the heat." ok... Now Teslic is a Third World Village in Nigeria .. :D And there is more Stuff on how good he is but I can't believe those faulse and Negative statements were said!

For the whle article Go Here! http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050502/SPORTS01/505020338/1108

41 - 60 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.