SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 477 Posts

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tetovo/Tetova is a city located in North-Western Macedonia , heavily albanian populated
Some sources say Tetovo is around 90% albanian but governmet sources in Macedonia have it 75%
Its population is somewhere between 65.000-70.000 people
It is the city where first albanian university was open
I cant find many photos on the web but these will do for now :bash:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Football Rules said:
Tetova does look like crap
I like Struga and Ohrid a million times more
Ohrid is the most beautiful of all cities in Macedonia

I wouldn't say that the city looks like crap, but it doesn't have the charm that most cities do have. :) I'm not really that big of a fan of Macedonia, since there aren't that many cities or towns that I find that interesting or beautiful. :(

Most cities in Macedonia don't really have any real potential in my honest opinion, but I don't know that much about the country.

I just wanted to return to this picture, since I must say...Carting is sooo fun. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,393 Posts
are you sure we don't already have a thread about that city?
*searching*
EDIT: though I'm sure our Macedonian connection left more pics, I found only threads about Bitola.
anyway, FR you might not mean any harm but your comments might seem offending to some, as you are kind of claiming them to be of another country.
Just know that it's better to clarify some things, especially in such occasions.
anyway, this city doesn't look that appealing, from the 3 cities you posted about, Struga seems best

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3tmk said:
are you sure we don't already have a thread about that city?
*searching*
EDIT: though I'm sure our Macedonian connection left more pics, I found only threads about Bitola.
anyway, FR you might not mean any harm but your comments might seem offending to some, as you are kind of claiming them to be of another country.
Just know that it's better to clarify some things, especially in such occasions.
anyway, this city doesn't look that appealing, from the 3 cities you posted about, Struga seems best
How is that?
Tetovo is in Macedonia and they are over 75% albanian populated from government sources
It is an albanian city in Macedonia
This is a fact

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
there is a lot of construction going on, it's developing fast, all right, but it's very chaotic. It's a urban mess. New buildings are popping up just anywhere, the style is very very questionable... The current situation is a semi-city constructed by semi-architects.

However it has the most ass kicking university in Macedonia. When U enter there it's like another country, it's like being in Scandinavia or something like that

Here is a sample

Here is a link if U want to see more

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I can't say that it's completely ugly. For the most part, I don't lose hope on cities. Any city can change from being poor looking to eventually looking good. All that needs to be done is some organization and foreign investment.

It looks like Tetovo is changing to become a better place with all that construction. I just hope it's not all abandoned because I don't see many construction workers or cranes. :(

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
MIMICA said:
I can't say that it's completely ugly. For the most part, I don't lose hope on cities. Any city can change from being poor looking to eventually looking good. All that needs to be done is some organization and foreign investment.

It looks like Tetovo is changing to become a better place with all that construction. I just hope it's not all abandoned because I don't see many construction workers or cranes. :(
the problem is there is no organization... it is constructed chaoticaly without any order...
also constuction standards are not met on any objects...

however, one thing you don't have to worry is the efficiancy. Probably the pics were taken on holiday so there were no workers... but objects get finished very quickly in Tetovo...

·
Banned
578 Posts
Quote Football_Rules: Tetovo/Tetova is a city located in North-Western Macedonia , heavily albanian populated
Some sources say Tetovo is around 90% albanian but governmet sources in Macedonia have it 75%
Its population is somewhere between 65.000-70.000 people
It is the city where first albanian university was open
I cant find many photos on the web but these will do for now
---------------------------------------------------------------

Football_Rules how about using official sources when speaking about Tetovo statistics, sources which the macedonian and albanian political parties in macedonia recognise, such as the 2002 census results.
The villages around Tetovo are 80% albanian. The city of Tetovo itself is 40%macedonians 50% albanians 10%turks and gypsies.
The shire of Tetovo, which includes the city of Tetovo and the sorrounding large albanian villages makes it 70% albanian and 23% macedonian.
I just wanted to clarify these things since i got them from official macedonian census statistics. As i said the area around Tetovo is predominantly albanian, but Tetovo city is only half albanian.
Btw the city isnt even a city, its a town... the town itself has 40thousand.. with the large villages it has 180thousand.

·
Banned
578 Posts
ok people i found some new pics of Tetovo.. i think you will all agree that it isnt any worse than most towns in the rest of the balkans, it has huge potential to develop.

TETOVO, R.Macedonia

i really like the following pics below..

more coming up...

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
it looks nice. why do some people think it looks bad.

1 - 20 of 477 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.