SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,711 Posts
If you were referring to towns that have less than 50,000 people then I would agree but College Station and Waco are sizable enough to be served by HSR. Many HSR lines in Europe serve small cities as well in addition to Acela in the Northeast which stops in cities such Wilmington and New Haven in addition to DC and NYC.
the promise of this and the attraction is the speed of service because of the huge air travel industry in the US. The Texas cities aren't nearly as urban as the NE cities so there is even less of an attraction. This needs to be a quick trip if they are going to spend billions on it. Let the other stuff come much later.

· Registered
3,711 Posts
I've long wondered why nobody seems to be calling for a rail line through Arlington. Additional stations at the Rangers' ballpark, Six Flags,and Lone Star Park complex could make it a heavily used line, especially if it connects to both, Dallas and Fort Worth.
because Arlington votes down every proposal and keeps their tax money going to other things.

· Registered
3,711 Posts
Yeah I know, but if Washington wants to give money or loans to the developer, I don't know anyone who would decline that. From the article it looks like they still want to be privately funded but the offer would sure be tempting to them.
political implication when you take federal money as it puts eminent domain in play and ridership become subject to public scrutiny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.