SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Not in L.A.
2,966 Posts
http://m.bizjournals.com/houston/mo...ortion-of-the-grand-parkway-opens.html?r=full

A major segment of the Grand Parkway has opened, between U.S. 59 and FM 1464, according to the Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority.

The approximately eight-mile stretch opened Feb. 27, according to the department, and takes the project one more step toward completion.

The Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority has set tentative dates for the rest of the stretch under its control:

- US 90A/FM 1464 to Harlem Road to be completed mid-March 2014
- Harlem Road to West Bellfort to be completed mid-April 2014
- West Bellfort to Westpark Toll Road/FM 1093 to be completed late April 2014

The highway is intended to be a third outer loop around Houston, and, although it is only partly constructed, it has sparked multiple real estate development deals. Most recently, a real estate developer purchased more than 40 acres to develop a mixed-use site.

In February, Houston’s Grand Parkway Transportation Corp. announced it will sell another $733 million of bond-anticipation notes to help finance the massive toll road project. This is in addition to a $2.6 billion municipal bond sale in July 2013.

· Not in L.A.
2,966 Posts
Grand Parkway is pretty much complete between 59 and i10. Some small sections still to be completed. The intersection at i10 is just monstrous!

Work is continuing at pace between 290 and i45. The stanchions for Grand Parkway over i45 are also pretty much complete.

I'm moving to Cross Creek Ranch soon. Looking forward to an easy drive to The Woodlands!

· Not in L.A.
2,966 Posts
get some pics of that Junction.
I saw it about 6 months go driving on my way back to Arizona.
that thing is huge super big
Not the greatest pic as I was driving beneath it but gives you an idea of the height of those ramps! I'll try and get a better pic the next time I drive up that way.

· Not in L.A.
2,966 Posts
Grand Parkway from 290 to i45 is almost done. Finally! i45 to 59 in March:

http://www.chron.com/news/transport...rkway-opening-nears-6753896.php#photo-9055251

After more than 30 years of talk, planning and construction, northwest Harris County residents will have access to their segment of the Grand Parkway in less than a month.
The tollway segments between U.S. 290 and Interstate 45 are expected to open to drivers in the first week of February, said Quincy Allen, the Houston area district engineer for the Texas Department of Transportation. Allen made the announcement at a North Houston Association luncheon, where many of the engineers, elected officials and business leaders who have waited years for the project were gathered.

Although it is behind schedule because of heavy rains last May, May, June and October, the remaining segment under construction — from I-45 to U.S. 59 near Humble — is on pace to open by the end of March, TxDOT spokeswoman Raquelle Lewis said.

· Not in L.A.
2,966 Posts
Grand Parkway from i45 to 59 opens tomorrow!

http://www.chron.com/news/transport...from-I-45-to-U-S-59-opens-Tuesday-7042613.php

The newest segment of the tollway from Interstate 45 eastward to U.S. 59 will open Tuesday following a ceremony.

“We fully (expect) the lanes to open before rush hour,” said Raquelle Lewis, spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Transportation in Houston.
Lewis said for the first few days use of the lanes will be free, with tolls set to take effect April 4 at midnight.

The 12.5-mile segment will radically reduce the time it will take for drivers in The Woodlands and other northern Houston suburbs to access U.S. 59, and is expected to reduce demand on local streets such as Riley Fuzzel Road.

The opening is the second in less than two months along the Grand Parkway, which is planned as a third ring road around Houston. The stretch from U.S. 290 near Cypress to I-45 in Spring opened Feb. 5.

Segments F1, F2 and G are now done. D, E and I-2 have been also completed. Still lots of building to do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.