Katz's. Open 24 hours

Westheimer

Shops in Montrose

Tremont Tower

Red Cat Jazz Cafe

Market Square

Cotton Exchange Building

Franklin Lofts

Uptown Houston Skyline from tallest tower in Texas. View from the 60th floor about 800 feet in the air.

Williams Tower from Chase Tower

Texas Medical Center from Chase Tower. If you look closely you can see the cable towers on the outskirts of Houston in the background. The tallest ia about 1800-1900 feet tall.

Bank of America from Chase Tower

2nd tallest in Texas and in Houston. Tallest all glass scraper in Western Hemisphere from Chase Tower.

Chase Tower

Memorial Hermann Hospital in Texas Medical Center

Construction Cranes raised for tallest scraper in Texas Medical Center. Memorial Hermann Plaza.

Construction fence for Project

Ground Zero of construction work

Prarie View A&M School of Nursing under construction

Rendering of Project

Back to the streets of the Texas Medical Center

Mia Bella Tratorria on the right and M Bar on the left. Chase Tower in background

Grasshopper nightclub

Main Street Square

1000 Main

Alexan Lofts

Gritty but expensive neighborhood north of downtown.

New Brownstones underconstruction in neighborhood

Lofts at the Ballpark

Third Ward

Skyline form Third Ward

Thanks for Viewing

·
Whole Other Country
735 Posts
Did you just got those pictures yesterday? I was in Houston over the Easter weekend (stay at Magnolia, it was super nice!) they still didn't have the sign for Aladdin yet (coner of Westheimer and Montrose...the old CVS!)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
nice pics! would you say Houston's new lightrail has given the city a bit more of an urban feeling...maybe more pedestrians than before...more foot traffic? I'm convinced Houston looks better than Dallas now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sexas said:
Did you just got those pictures yesterday? I was in Houston over the Easter weekend (stay at Magnolia, it was super nice!) they still didn't have the sign for Aladdin yet (coner of Westheimer and Montrose...the old CVS!)
yes I did. I stopped in Houston for a minute because my family had a flight from Miami to San Antonio for a wedding. The family stopped in Houston for a while because the plane was not leaving until later on that day. The weather was perfect.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
edubejar said:
nice pics! would you say Houston's new lightrail has given the city a bit more of an urban feeling...maybe more pedestrians than before...more foot traffic?
the only difference Houston has had as far as pedestrians and light rail are the weekends in downtown, where more and more clubs, bars and restaurants have opened up to be on the rail line. I'll give it about 5 years until a lot of the proposals and approvals are complete for the rail line, which is the main thing that is changing the urban feel of the city. Many developments are changing their style of building because of light rail lines making it more pedestrian friendly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've noticed a gradual increase in weekday foot traffic on Main Street. Milam, Travis, Louisiana and Smith have always had a decent amount of traffic (that's where the tallest scrapers are congregated) but Main had really become a ghost town while the rail line was being built. Now that people who would never have a reason to stop downtown are being brought downtown by the Red Line, you see more people walking up and down Main. Still not where it should be given a city Houston's size but the change is very noticeable from 10 years ago and 5 years ago.

Houston's also getting more conventions, so you're more likely to see visitors tooling around, especially in the non-hot months (Oct - early May).

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
great thread texas boy ! but how come u didn't show the very star of houston (according to me) : the enron center towers.

now that the Twins are gone , i would say they are my favourite towers in north america (i even prefer them to NYC's chrysler building, by far !), i would easily fly to houston just to pay them a visit , so sexy !

how tall are they by the way ?
i really like the kind of towers that there is in texas, in general..Dallas is cool too...actually i love shiny and non-boxy buildings, !

i prefer the one on the right though...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.