SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speech from Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office Ong art Klampaiboon

The Thai government is scheduled to host a Thai-Cambodian musical and cultural show to promote friendship and cultural exchange between Thailand and Cambodia through music and performances.

The event is in the form of a free concert and it will take place on Sunday, 28 November 2010, between 4:00 and 11:00 p.m., at the Indoor Stadium, Hua Mak, in Bangkok.

Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office Ong art Klampaiboon said that the idea of organizing this concert came from Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, who valued longstanding historical and cultural ties between the two countries. However, misunderstandings between them have occurred recently, partly as a result of incomplete news reports and mistaken interpretation of people's words.

To rectify the situation, Minister Ong art said that Thailand and Cambodia established a hotline in case that they need to make immediate contact to provide each other with accurate information. Thailand had also invited Cambodian Minister of Information Khieu Kanharith and a group of Cambodian media representatives to visit Thailand for greater cooperation in media and information exchange. In addition, Prime Minister Abhisit and Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen would like to enhance people-to-people contact for better understanding. That is why the Thai-Cambodian musical and cultural show will be held later this month.

Apart from promoting cultural exchange through the use of music as a medium to communicate between people of the two countries, the concert will facilitate Thai-Cambodian economic and social development, as well. Minister Ong art also said that the organizing of the concert would show to the world the firm intentions of the two neighbors to bring about peace and better understanding between them.

Participating in this concert will be popular Thai and Cambodian artistes. For instance, artistes from Thailand include Yingyong Yodbuangarm, Tai Orathai, Kung Sutthiraj, and the AF Group. The artistes from Cambodia include Mr. Preab Sovath, Mr. Khemarak Sereimon, Mr. Chea Vibol, Ms. Sokun Nisa, Ms. Meng Kaomichenda, Ms. Sok Sy Lalin, and Ms. Kung Socheath.

On this occasion, Thai artistes will sing Cambodia songs, while Cambodian artistes will sing Thai songs, as well. Ratchaphruek, the national flower of Thailand, and lamduan, the national flower of Cambodia, are used as the symbols of the friendship concert.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva will preside over the opening of this event at about 6:00 p.m. The concert will be televised by Modernine TV between 6:00 and 8:00 p.m. and by the National Broadcasting Services of Thailand between 8:30 and 11:00 p.m. Two Cambodian television stations will also televise the concert for the audience in Cambodia. About 10,000 tickets will be available at the venue of the concert from 8:00 a.m. to midday.

·
Registered
712 Posts
That nice. MR CHEA vibol n Ms kong sochEAt will be the presenter there. They are good presenter. Sokun nisa will sing there too.. I love her :-D

·
Srok Khmer !
1,032 Posts
That nice. MR CHEA vibol n Ms kong sochEAt will be the presenter there. They are good presenter. Sokun nisa will sing there too.. I love her :-D
yeah I love her too , she is very beauty and a very nice voice
I heard she is half khmer what is her other ethnic ?

·
Srok Khmer !
1,032 Posts

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
I want to see both sides singing to see how they carry it out since the two languages are somewhat similar yet very different
I can understand some words listening to Cambodians speaking ( or at least I think I understand it )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts