SkyscraperCity banner

641 - 648 of 648 Posts

·
Liberty, Equality, Frate
111,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #642 (Edited)
Spain final-bound after beating Italy

Spain have qualified for their fifth successive FIFA Futsal World Cup final with an accomplished 4-1 win over Italy at Bangkok’s Huamark Indoor Stadium.

It needed extra time to separate these sides when they met at the same stage of Brazil 2008, and this match – certainly in the first half - was every bit as tight and closely contested. The difference in the opening period was that Spain enjoyed the luck that, on a couple of occasions, deserted the Italians.

The first sign that it might not be the Azzurri’s day came after seven minutes, when Gabriel Lima nicked the ball past Juanjo but could only watch in agony as the ball rebounded to safety off the right-hand post. Then, two minutes later, another stroke of ill luck led to Italy falling behind, as an attempted cross from Torras deflected off the shin of Saad Assis and skidded beyond the wrong-footed Mammarella.

Spain might have been fortunate to be in front at half-time, but they began to exert their authority at the start of the second half, with Mammarella forced into fine saves to deny both Torras and Fernandao. The latter player was back for more after 25 minutes too, and this time it was Spain’s turn to curse lady luck as their No5’s delicate chip bounced back off the face of the post. But while Miguelin was also denied by the woodwork soon after as Italy struggled to hold on, the next time the net bulged, it was at the other end.

Spain only had themselves to blame too because it was a poorly timed substitution that allowed Alex Merlim to run through unchallenged on to Mammarella’s throw and flick the ball with the outside of his right foot beyond the isolated Juanjo. Italian celebrations didn’t last long though because, just 11 seconds later, Spain were level, with Torras picking out the run of Alemao and the No14 burying his close-range volley.

Lozano then scored a decisive third after Fernandao, taking advantage of Italy committing men forward, broke clear on the right and crossed for his team-mate to shoot low beyond Mammarella. And there was still time for Lin to round off a hugely impressive second half from Spain, skipping beyond his marker on the left and curling a right-foot shot just inside the far post.

The quotes
“I think the scoreline is a fair one because we really played a great match. We didn’t just win – we put on a real show. It was crucial for us to retake the lead quickly after Italy equalised because that way we didn’t allow them to gain any momentum. They tried to come forward but we were so good defensively that it was impossible for them. And, above all, we were clinical up front,” Venancio Lopez, Spain coach.

“First of all, I must congratulate Spain. They’re a great team and deserve to be in the final. We tried our best to play at the same level as them and we managed to equalise, but unfortunately we were a bit unlucky and conceded again almost immediately. After that, the match became easier for the Spanish because we pushed forward and left spaces for them to exploit,” Roberto Menichelli, Italy coach.

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/matches/round=255925/match=300215853/index.html

·
Liberty, Equality, Frate
111,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
Colombian dream ends as Brazil reach the final

Brazil will face Spain in Sunday’s FIFA Futsal World Cup final after overcoming a dogged Colombia side to win 3-1 at Bangkok’s Huamark Indoor Stadium. Gabriel emerged as the holders’ hero with two goals and an assist as the challenge of the tournament’s surprise packages was eventually brought to an end.

The Brazilians, as expected, dominated from the outset and Colombia’s outstanding keeper, Juan Lozano, had already been forced into two outstanding saves from Fernandinho by the time the deadlock was broken after just 41 seconds. On that occasion, Lozano was left helpless as Gabriel found a pocket of space just off the right flank and smashed a powerful left-foot shot low into the net.

The holders continued to dominate, but although the floodgates might have opened had it not been for Lozano’s heroics, Colombia kept themselves in contention and even managed a shock equaliser a minute before half-time. Completely against the run of play, Yeisson Fonnegra broke forward and played in Jhonathan Toro, whose left-foot shot flashed into the net off the inside of the right-hand post.

The introduction of Falcao in the second half signalled Brazil’s need for attacking inspiration, but when a moment of magic did arrive, Gabriel was again responsible. This time, even Lozano could do nothing to prevent the ball flying into the net, with the Barcelona star’s piledriver destined for the top corner as soon as it left his left boot.

The Brazil No6 was also heavily involved in the goal that doubled his team’s advantage, as it was his cross that the unfortunate Toro glanced beyond his own wrong-footed goalkeeper. Colombia battled valiantly in the closing stages, and threatened an equaliser on a couple of occasions, but they must content themselves with the third-place match, which their fellow South Americans again battle for gold.

The quotes
“I think it was a fair result. We started very well, scoring early, but we made life complicated for ourselves by not scoring the second goal. And the equaliser of Colombia put some pressure on us. In the second half, knowing that we had 20 minutes to qualify for another final, we played with more intensity in defence and we also attacked better. In fact, we never stopped attacking," Marcos Sorato, Brazil coach.

“We are disappointed by the result, but pleased with the performance of my players, who were able to match up for 20 minutes with the best team in the world. We were a bit unlucky, but I would rather highlight the great reaction of my players after that early goal. It's true that we were more attacking than in our previous games because we wanted to take advantage of our opponents' tiredness. But ultimately Brazil deserve to be in the final," Areny Fonnegra, Colombia coach.

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/matches/round=255925/match=300215826/summary.html

·
Liberty, Equality, Frate
111,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #644 (Edited)
Blatter: We'll continue with 24-team format

(FIFA.com) Sunday 18 November 2012

On the morning of the FIFA Futsal World Cup Thailand 2012 final, FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter held a press conference at FIFA’s tournament headquarters in Bangkok. FIFA.com was on hand to hear what was said, and can bring you a summary of the participants’ quotes.

Joseph S. Blatter, FIFA President

I would like to say a big thanks to Thailand. It is known as the land of smiles, and its hospitality is exceptional. The international FIFA family has been happy to be here for the last three weeks. As for the tournament itself, it’s the first time that we have played with 24 teams. That format is the right format, and we will continue with 24 teams in the future. I would also pass on my thanks to Suwat Liptapanlop and his local organising team; they had a big challenge and managed it well. Futsal is played everywhere in the world. Because there isn’t much space available in some countries to play outdoor football, there is a need to play indoors. I even remember in my childhood days that we would play futsal during the winter in Switzerland. It’s important that, in FIFA’s various member associations, futsal leagues and tournaments are organised to develop futsal further. We should start developing futsal at national and confederation level. This would be a first step in the development of futsal.

On the possible inclusion of futsal at the Olympics

We already tried to bring in beach soccer to the Olympics, as we could use the same stadia they are using for beach volleyball. In football, we already have a privileged position, with 28 teams – 12 women’s and 16 men’s – participating in two tournaments at the Olympics. The demand is increasing, and futsal is one of the disciplines we are trying to get in. But for the time being, we are on the waiting list.

Manilal Fernando, Chairman of the Futsal Committee

On women’s and youth futsal competitions:

A proposal has been made to the Futsal Committee to try and include women’s futsal competitions, and we will study this proposal thoroughly. So far, we have not yet looked at the youth structure; we will need a bit of time for this.

Suwat Liptapanlop, Chairman of the Local Organising Committee

It was a real high honour for us to host this FIFA Futsal World Cup. It has encouraged the development in Thailand, created a positive image of the country and brought happiness to the Thai people. We have learned our lessons from this competition and want to organise bigger events in the future.

Worawo Makudi, President of the Football Association of Thailand (FAT)

On behalf of FAT, I would like to thank the FIFA president for bringing a Football for Hope initiative to a politically disturbed area in southern Thailand (Pattani, Yala, Narathivas, Sonkhla), so that football can help to overcome the problems in this region and connect from the youth to the senior levels. It’s a very good sign for Thailand.

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/news/newsid=1923153/index.html

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/photo/photolist.html#1923138

·
Liberty, Equality, Frate
111,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #645 (Edited)
Italy beat Colombia to bag bronze

Italy have finished third at Thailand 2012 after a 3-0 win over Colombia in the bronze-medal match at Bangkok’s Huamark Stadium. Goals from Sergio Romano and Rodolfo Fortino (2) were enough to secure a well-deserved win for Roberto Menichelli’s side, who would undoubtedly have won by more had it not been for the heroics of Los Cafateros’ goalkeeper, Juan Lozano.

The game quickly settled into the expected pattern, with Italy dominating and Colombia relying on their now customary containing, counter-attacking tactics. The South Americans were also leaning heavily, as always, on Lozano, who made a string of fine early saves from Alex Merlim, Saad Assis and Marco Ercolessi

There were also glorious first-half chances for Italy’s Gabriel Lima and Alejandro Serna of Colombia, but both shared the same fate, with neither keeper called into action as the ball was directed wide of the target.

It wasn’t long before Lozano was back in action though, and three times in the opening seven minutes of the second half he produced truly magnificent saves to keep out goal-bound efforts from Assis, Lima and Sergio Romano.

It was clear that it was going to require something special to beat a goalkeeper in inspired form, and Romano provided that moment of magic eight minutes into the second half. Loitering midway inside the Colombia half, he met flush on the volley a chipped corner from Assis and sent the ball rocketing beyond the helpless Lozano.

Worse was to follow for Los Cafateros four minutes later when the brilliant Lozano was sent off for handling outside his area and, in doing so, denying the Italians a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Gli Azzurri took full advantage of the numerical advantage, doubling their lead a minute later when Fortino slotted home left-footed from an incisive pass by Lima, and rounding off the win in the dying seconds with another close-range finish from the same player.

The quotes
“I must congratulate Colombia because they played a great match and didn’t give us any space in which to work. The key for us was in remaining patient because the way they defend means that going for all-out for a goal would have left us very vulnerable to the counter-attack. Naturally, we are very satisfied by finishing third at this tournament. For us, it was important – and a source of great pride – that we have finished as the second-ranked European team after Spain. There are some great teams that haven’t managed to finish as highly as we have,” Roberto Menichelli, Italy coach.

“Things were pretty equal in the first half, but we paid for one lapse of concentration in the second half. After the red card for our goalkeeper, everything was easier for Italy. But I have told my players to keep their heads up because they have been great representatives of Colombian futsal. We hope to be back in four years’ time,” Arney Fonnegra, Colombia coach.

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/matches/round=255927/match=300215819/summary.html

·
Liberty, Equality, Frate
111,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #646 (Edited)
Brazil retain crown in dramatic final

Brazil have retained the FIFA Futsal World Cup in a thrilling final in which they came from behind to beat Spain 3-2 after extra time at Bangkok’s Huamark Indoor Stadium. A double from Neto and a stunning equalising goal from Falcao enabled the South Americans to keep hold of their trophy, with Neto’s winner coming just 19 second from the end.

Despite the excitement that ultimately unfolded, it was perhaps predictable that we did not witness an open, free-flowing and incident-packed first half, with the teams’ evident mutual respect contributing to some tense, tactical opening exchanges. Spain, though, enjoyed marginally the better of the opening period, and would have gone in front after just five minutes but for a Vinicius goal-line clearance that prevented Lozano’s low shot from finding the net.

Miguelin then forced Tiago into a a point-blank reaction save four minutes later, while Brazil’s best effort of the half came when a Rafael shot deflected off Kike and spun just over the crossbar. Naturally, being outplayed for most of the opening period called for drastic action from the Auriverde coach, Marcos Sorato, and he provided that with the introduction of the team’s aging talisman, Falcao.

Brazil were immediately lifted by the 35-year-old’s presence, and came close to taking the lead when Falcao himself sent a left-foot shot flashing wide of the far post. Seconds later, the breakthrough did arrive. It was a goal worthy of a final too, with Neto – positioned wide on the left - meeting first time a short corner and blasting an unstoppable left-foot shot low across goal and inside the far post.

Stung into action, Spain attempted to claw back the initiative, and Tiago twice had to race from his goal to save at the feet of Fernandao as pressure was applied. With ten minutes remaining, that pressure paid off as Torras pounced on a rebound to fire home after Miguelin’s initial left-foot effort had been parried brilliantly by Tiago.

Spanish tails were up again and, just 61 seconds later, they scored a second. Again, a set piece situation proved crucial, with Alemao firing in a shot from a short corner that took a slight deflection on its way to beating Tiago at his near post. Spain might have won it too when Torras rattled the face of the crossbar from a quickly-taken Kike free-kick, but that near miss was to take on added significance just a minute later.

That was when we were treated to the fairy tale goal that all Brazilian and neutral fans had wanted to see, with Falcao – taking advantage of space provided by his team moving to five outfield players – unleashing a ferocious long-range shot that was destined for the top corner from the moment it left his left boot. Juanjo didn’t even move.

Falcao's strike also ensured that the match would go to extra time, where another stunning goal - scored with just 19 seconds remaining - won the trophy for Brazil. This time, it was Neto who took the spotlight, flicking the ball over his marker’s challenge on the halfway line, racing down the win and rifling a low left-foot shot into the far corner.

It was a goal worthy of gracing any stage, and while Brazil head for home as deserved champions, both sides deserve huge credit for serving up a feast of futsal that was the best possible advert for the sport.

The quotes
“It was a great final and it showed that futsal deserves more attention. It was an attractive match and the fans were on their feet until the final moments. We had to fight until the end and even when Spain scored, but we believed in ourselves as the Argentina match was a good lesson for us. I never stopped believing in the capabilities of my players. It was a dream final,” Marcos Sorato, Brazil coach.

“Firstly, I want to congratulate Brazil. I believe though that we were the ones taking the risks and dictating the pace of the game, and I believe we deserved a different result. But that's how sport is. We had a 2-1 lead and the chance of scoring a third goal, but we didn’t take it and, next thing, they equalised. This group of players has given everything, and for that I am very thankful,” Venancio Lopez, Spain coach.

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/matches/round=255929/match=300215859/summary.html

·
Brasileiro, sempre.
1,745 Posts

“Firstly, I want to congratulate Brazil. I believe though that we were the ones taking the risks and dictating the pace of the game, and I believe we deserved a different result. But that's how sport is. We had a 2-1 lead and the chance of scoring a third goal, but we didn’t take it and, next thing, they equalised. This group of players has given everything, and for that I am very thankful,” Venancio Lopez, Spain coach.

Spaniards, always showing their arrogance. :lol::lol:

First, they have a few brazilian players playing for Spain, and it SUCKS, how can they call that 'Spain'? :lol::lol::lol:

Second, it was a boring match, as usual watching Spain, in football or futsal is boring, theres almost no individual skills, which is what people like to watch.

For barcelona for example, it changes a bit thanks to Messi (which is argentinean, not spaniard, surprise?), otherwise it would be as boring as watching Spain.

·
Liberty, Equality, Frate
111,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
วรวีร์ บอกไทยเป็นเจ้าภาพ งง

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Futsal_Confederations_Cup

ส.บอลไทย พร้อมจัดฟุตซอลชิงแชมป์ทวีป

ข่าวกีฬา วันเสาร์ที่ 8 ธันวาคม พ.ศ.2555 10:37น.

นายกสมาคมฟุตบอลไทย เตรียมจัดฟุตซอลชิงแชมป์ทวีปขึ้นในปลายปีหน้า โดยจะเชิญแชมป์ของ 6 ทวีป หลังจากหลายชาติประทับใจในการจัดฟุตซอลโลกของไทย
นายวรวีร์ มะกูดี นายกสมาคมฟุตบอลฯ เป็นประธานมอบเงินอัดฉีดให้กับนักเตะฟุตซอลทีมชาติไทย หลังจากสร้างประวัติศาสตร์ผ่านเข้ารอบ 16 ทีมสุดท้าย ในฟุตซอลโลกเป็นครั้งแรก ของทีมชาติไทย จึงได้มอบเงินอัดฉีดให้กับนักเตะสตาฟฟ์โค้ชเป็นจำนวนเงิน 2 ล้านบาท

ซึ่งปีหน้าทีมฟุตซอลไทยจะต้องลงแข่งขันรายการใหญ่ๆ หลายรายการทั้ง ชิงแชมป์อาเซียน, เอเชียนอินดอร์เกมส์ ที่เกาหลีใต้, ชิงแชมป์เอเชีย และ ซีเกมส์ ที่พม่า ซึ่งนายกสมาคมฯ จะมีการวางแผนการเตรียมทีมแต่เนิ่นๆ เพื่อการพัฒนาอย่างต่อเนื่องและความสำเร็จของทีมฟุตซอลไทย

นอกจากนั้น นายวรวีร์ ยังมีความคิดที่จะจัดการแข่งขันฟุตซอลชิงแชมป์ทวีป ในปลายปีหน้าที่ประเทศไทย ซึ่งจะเป็นเหมือนกับฟุตบอลคอนเฟดเดอเรชั่นคัพของฟีฟ่า ที่จัดก่อนฟุตบอลโลกจะเริ่มขึ้น โดย นายวรวีร์ จะเชิญแชมป์ของแต่ละทวีปมาแข่งขันที่ประเทศไทยในปลายปีหน้า

สำหรับนักเตะฟุตซอลทีมชาติไทย จะกลับไปเล่นให้กับสโมสรในฟุตซอลลีก และหลังจากจบลีกจะเริ่มเตรียมทีมลงเตะให้กับทีมชาติไทยทันที เริ่มจากการเตรียมทีมลงเตะชิงแชมป์อาเซียน และต่อด้วยการแข่งขันชิงแชมป์เอเชีย

http://www.innnews.co.th/shownews/show?newscode=421186

641 - 648 of 648 Posts