^ its our gold??

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah! Pretty nice looking...but hmm...
haha...i like Thai temples..

Myanmar temples look very...Lanna...
Like those ones you get in Chiangmai...
Maybe chiangmai should also build some more of these!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Thank you so much Travellator. Pls post more!!

The apartment in your last picture looks nice. very modern.

·
klite
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad you liked the photos, pon. i didn't pay much attention to the newer buildings in Yangon (not many highrise there) but the building you referred to seem to be a newly completed apartment. It was the most contemporary modern building I saw in Yangon. i saw many thai groups on pilgrimage to the various temples & monasteries in myanmar.

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
I heard it's one of the most charming capitals of SE Asia and once one of its richest nations. I hope that relations will defrost a little and their government will one day regain sanity. That country could go far with the right management. I doubt it will happen soon though.

·
Look at that parking lot!
7,576 Posts
Mosaic said:
We'd better not discuss about that. :)
Ah ok, sorry, didn't mean to touch a sensitive issue.

But you may also see the good side of it ... Without the Burmeses Bangkok probably wouldn't be the great city it is today but a distant sleepy suburb of Ayutthaya :)

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
George W. Bush said:
Ah ok, sorry, didn't mean to touch a sensitive issue.

But you may also see the good side of it ... Without the Burmeses Bangkok probably wouldn't be the great city it is today but a distant sleepy suburb of Ayutthaya :)
... in that case we will have a great city of Ayutthaya.
I don't think that is the good side of it. I am not saying that Burma is good or bad for Thailand. I even appreciate the Chavedagon pagoda and its charming of Rangoon and Pugam. Of course I would like to go to Myanmar someday.
But I think the invasion of Burma to Ayutthaya has nothing good at all.

·
Registered
229 Posts
^^

I agree...so much valuable culture and artifacts were lost...
it's a really big shame how all the architecture were destroyed and all the art and literature of that time just disappeared...i wish there was something we could do today to replace those things that were lost in history...

·
not student anymore
4,002 Posts
เป็นเมืองที่น่าเที่ยวมากเลยครับ หวังไว้สักวันนึงอยากจะไปให้ได้ :) :)

·
BANGKOK
13,327 Posts
เป็นเมืองที่เล้นลับ น่าค้นหา มีเสน่ห์ ถ้าพัฒนาเรื่องการท่องเที่ยวน่าจะไปได้สวยนะ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts