SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of a early 1970s Sydney that might have been without the Green bans and the collaspse of the building boom. Please excuse the low quality but I don't have a scanner! The first two images are of the Rocks area and the third is of the area between the Domain and Kings Cross. All pictures are from a Mexican business magazine called AUGE published in April 1973.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
that looks just as foul - looks like something from hong kong = zero creativity and a bunch of identical buildings

thank god this crap didnt occur - imagine the rocks and darling harbour!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was the Wooloomooloo area, in a pic I have, which is unusable, the Finger Warf is shown converted to a cruise liner terminal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please excuse the crap picture quality as I had to use a picture phone to load the images to my computer! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I think these are all great !
Sure the designs are terrible BUT the height envelopes of these towers would have set a precedent for tall towers to continually be built / old ones demolished / refurbed in this current day !!!!!
The skyline would have spread nicely from Potts Point all the way over to Darling harbour.
Instead we have stupid piddly height restrictions everywhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts