Skyscraper City Forum banner

Is it worth $18.2 million?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing pictures: http://www.benkielb.com/propertyListing.php?id=859

A unique, conceptually designed penthouse located in Vancouver. This distinctive and contemporary home atop a waterfront building features your own boat slip at the marina below and a private four-car garage, with six parking spaces in total. Enjoy complete privacy with a personal elevator, stopping only at your guest suite which is on a separate floor. This brings the total floor space to over 7700 sq ft.

Every aspect of the interior is designed to create a truly unique and modern experience.

Award-winning designer Omer Arbel's work on the penthouse interior reveals why his industrial and furniture designs of recent years have been so successful . . . a celebration of the intrinsic qualities of materials with an overwhelming sense of optimism.

The penthouse contains the first large 14 Series chandelier ever fabricated by the high-end manufacturing house Bocci. This piece has served as a prototype for numerous large chandelier commissions around the world.

Incredible views of Vancouver and its majestic natural surroundings greet you in every room of the house.

Enjoy the stunning panoramic views of the city, English Bay, and the ocean beyond. The wrap-around decks give you the ultimate place to watch the fireworks and entertain.

The conceptual framework for the project revolves around four rooms clad in back-lit translucent white onyx. These freestanding rooms are very deliberately positioned inside the vast space of the two open floor plans on the 26th and 27th floors of the tower.

Inside these onyx rooms, a richness of materials, colours and detailing creates an intensely intimate and sensual environment which amplifies, focuses and enriches the domestic activities occurring within.

Outside the onyx rooms, materials are rich with texture, but colour is limited to white and dark walnut. The result is muted and serene, focusing on the surrounding breathtaking 360-degree views.

Inspired living in a world class city.

Contemporary Masterpiece

#2601 - 1000 Beach Avenue
Vancouver
BC, Canada

List Price: $18,200,000

Amenities
* Boat slip at marina below
* Private four car garage
* Two additional parking stalls
* Private elevator
* Personal nanny suite
* Incredible panoramic views

Anybody want to use their $40 million 6/49 winnings to buy this?:cheers:

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This shouldn't cost anymore than $1 million in my opinion.
:lol:

$1 million wouldn't even buy you a 600 square foot condo in downtown Vancouver.

The future tallest in Vancouver is Shangri-la, which sold its penthouse for $7.4 million at level 61. It's 630 square metres with 360 degree views of the city and has a swimming pool. And also last year, a 4,000 square foot two-bedroom Yaletown penthouse sold for $10 million and Harbour Green at Coal Harbour sold for $7.75 million. All with luxurious and spacious features.

The new Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel's penthouse went for $12 million, not sure if it has been sold yet.

This $18.2 million condo i think might be a little overpriced...i'd say it'll sell for $7-15 million instead....though i'm no expert, just a gut feeling. :p

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not saying what $ 1 million would buy.
I'm simply saying it shouldn't cost more than that.
It should cost a lot more than that. Look at that view, and add in the luxurious and spacious condo....not to mention 6 parking spaces and a spot for a boat the marina below.

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
It should cost a lot more than that. Look at that view, and add in the luxurious and spacious condo....not to mention 6 parking spaces and a spot for a boat the marina below.
No condo should cost more than $1 million in my opinion. Hell even less than that. I think it's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Its 7700 sq ft. Is $1 million too much for a 7700 sq ft penthouse with a perfect view, a 6 car garage, and a private elevator?

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
The view is spectacular, and you have to pay for that. The decor is pretty commercial/impersonal looking... like a hotel. I'm guessing that if it sells, it will
be for considerably less than that asking price. Why? The building is 14 years old, and the same condo sold three years ago for 3 million dollars, as an empty shell... so, my guess is they will be extremely lucky to get 9 million for it. The current record holder in Vancouver is a 6.9 million dollar condo in the Shaw tower. The penthouse of the Shangri La is listed at 7.4 mil.

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
Personally I find that type of design to be gauche and rather ostentatious. Who wants to sit in a bath with a piddly little water hose running into it while sitting tits to the wind in a window? And check the completely inappropriate cheesy hotel-style carpeting slapped down.

·
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґ&#4
5,767 Posts
Assuming the building is really upscale with all kinds of services and amentities provided, I don't see how this could possibly go for over $10 million. Excellent view, certainly, but an ageing building (and, from that one shot where we can kind of see outside, looks rather ugly), and an interior that leaves somthing to be desired (for that price range anyway). Whats the neighbourhood like?

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
Well, to go close to three times above the current record holder in Vancouver is not only unlikely, but probably just a marketing ploy. It has worked in the sense that we are discussing it, but I doubt if it will result in a sale for $18 million. Beach Ave is primo land in Vancouver... really a beautiful nabe.

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The building is one of these:

·
Registered
3 Posts
This condo is not completely overpriced, my reason being is that at 18.2 mil and 7700 sf the ppsf is only ~$2300, however, One Harbour Green had several units for sale going at ~$2500/sf on MLS 3 or 4 months ago (possibly more, I believe they were about 2000sf going for well over 5mil). That being said, penthouses in false creek north usually are advertised on MLS for $1500 pushing $2000 (sometimes) so this unit is only $300/sf more than the high and therefore not that ridiculus with the pricing.

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^ welcome to skyscrapercity canada!

i agree.

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
My Grandmother used to say: "The proof of the pudding is in the tasting"... so,
we shall see if they are successful selling a condo for $18 million, that was sold for $3 million three years ago, in a 14 year old building that, is priced well over twice what the penthouse suites in new hotels like Shangri La. I can assure you that the furnishings and carpet are not worth 15 million dollars, even if property has risen in the past three years! ;) I'm sticking with my guess of 9 mil.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts