SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
16,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a small number of skyscrapers that fall just barely short of 300m. About 980-983' tall. Which is your favorite?

Shum Yip Upperhills Tower 2, Shenzhen. 299.3m / 982ft

Four Seasons Residences, Bangkok. 299.5m / 983ft

Four Seasons Bangkok & Capella Hotel
by Songpon Suradete, on Flickr

Jin Wan Plaza 9, Tianjin. 299.7m / 983ft

CHINE TIANJIN By night
by jacgroumo, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
BMO @ 298 metres (First Canadian Place) in Toronto has been a club member since 1975 (before such clubs as supertall and now 299m were even established on-line). This was mitigated by other long-forgotten props such as "Tallest Bank in the World" and "Tallest outside NYC and Chicago".

Even though there are couple of T.O. supertalls underway (if ever finished) and more proposed, I think planning staff conspiracy theories persist given the fist-full of 299m projects that have visited their offices ;-)

Thankfully the massive BMO reclad (white glass replacing crumbling Carrera marble) turned out fu$king great..

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hudson: apologies for posting and thus freezing your good thread idea (forum-shunned for reasons unknown or forgotten). Now I've posted twice ;-)

While here, there's another oft used scraper club/metric which is 150 meters. A club @ 145 to 149 meters has quite a large membership in T.O.

I'll avoid further comment and give your thread some hope. Cheers.

·
The only way is up
81,662 Posts
Apparently, hitting the 300 meter mark was not interesting at all for the developers. Perhaps more a scyscrapercity-thing. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts