Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not sure where to drop this article so decided to drop it here. Seems we're second in other ways too but this is astonishing. Cities ranked by total real estate value.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/these-are-the-most-valuable-cities-in-the-us

It's strange to see Los Angeles listed behind New York when not only both cities had the same exact amount of $2.6 trillion in real estate value, but when L.A. scored a much higher number in the median home value ($622,000).
Or maybe I misinterpreted the introduction of the article :)

·
Registered
19,270 Posts
It's strange to see Los Angeles listed behind New York when not only both cities had the same exact amount of $2.6 trillion in real estate value, but when L.A. scored a much higher number in the median home value ($622,000).
Or maybe I misinterpreted the introduction of the article :)
There are a few problems with the article.

First, I'm not sure it has any meaning to compare annual GDP of a country with the real estate value of a city or metro area. One is a measure of production over time, the other a valuation of real estate assets at a moment in time.

There also seems to be a disconnect between the values in the text and those in the list at the end.

It would also be nice to see their definition of the boundaries of the geographic areas they are comparing. They seem to be metro areas, but what exactly that includes for Lending Tree is not clear.

·
Registered
19,270 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts