SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let`s be honest. Hong Kong is nr. 1 and Shanghai is the nr. 2 in China. Right? :)

And nr. 3?
In my opinion it is Chongqing. Why? Because of the amount of build skyscrapers, the natural settings and the amount of construction. I think Chongqing will remain as Chinas nr. 3 in 15 years.

What do you think?

·
Lurker
341 Posts
yeah i would say Shenzhen or Guangzhou, Chongqing might look impressive on pics though. But i think thats because its surrounded by water which makes the buildings look taller.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Yes HKG is no doubt no. 1, Shanghai would be 2nd. 3rd would definitely be Chongqing because of its intensity and density. Guanghzou doesn't have a lot of tall buildings compared with Chongqing same can be said with Shenzhen.

Some Chongqing pics:

·
Lurker
341 Posts
Well, I agree that while Chongqing might be more compact, its wrong to say that it has more tall buildings then Guangzhou or Shenzhen. It just looks like that because they are so close to each other. Try searching on SSP and you will see that Chongqing got 29 buildings over 150m built or under construction while Shenzhen has 42 and Guangzhou has 47 (not including TV-towers). I know that SSP DOESNT list ALL buildings especially not in China but at least most of them are there.

However i agree that it looks as if Chongqing has more because both Guangzhou and Shenzhen are more spread-out. So it all comes down to how you define "Sky-line" really, is it what you can see from a certain point or is it the height and number of skyscrapers in an entire city? :cheers:

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
hkia said:
Chongqing looks better than Shanghai to me.
Depends on how you define "better". Chongqing's skyline definitely seems more dense than Shanghai, almost like New York or Hong Kong, although I'm certain that Shanghai has many more skyscrapers than Chongqing does.

I personally find Shanghai's skyline, name that of Pudong, to be more identifiable and unique, since it includes unique and famous landmarks such as the Oriental Pearl tower and the Jinmao tower.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Johan said:
Well, I agree that while Chongqing might be more compact, its wrong to say that it has more tall buildings then Guangzhou or Shenzhen. It just looks like that because they are so close to each other. Try searching on SSP and you will see that Chongqing got 29 buildings over 150m built or under construction while Shenzhen has 42 and Guangzhou has 47 (not including TV-towers). I know that SSP DOESNT list ALL buildings especially not in China but at least most of them are there.
Name | Height | Floors | Status | Year | Photos | Drawings

• JW Marriott International Financial Center 377.0 m 77 construction (2) (3)

• World Trade Center Chongqing 283.1 m 60 built 2005 (9) (1)

• International Mansion 278.0 m 64 construction (4) (2)

• Lanko·Grand Hyatt Hotel 250.0 m 60 built 2004 (4) (2)

• Future International 235.0 m 44 construction

• Sheraton International Center 218.0 m 47 construction (1)

• Sheraton International Hotel 218.0 m 42 construction

• New York·New York 213.0 m 48 built 2004 (2) (1)

• Jahoo Hong Kong City Tower 1 210.0 m 56 construction (1)

• Paradise By The River C 207.0 m 54 construction (1) (1)

• Paradise By The River B 207.0 m 54 built 2005 (1) (1)

• Paradise By The River A 207.0 m 54 built 2005 (1)

• King's Plaza Tower B 205.0 m 43 built 2002 (6) (1)

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Johan said:
However i agree that it looks as if Chongqing has more because both Guangzhou and Shenzhen are more spread-out.
It's hilarious to say Guangzhou and Shenzhen are more spread out than Chongqing.Could you find two clusters of highrises other than downtowns of Guangzhou and Shenzhen have as many highrises as Jiangbei and Nan'an district of Chongqing? :weirdo:

·
Registered
696 Posts
While I don't disagree that Chong Qing might have the 3rd best skylines in 15 years time, I think SH will surpass HK to be the 1st by 2021 as we speak.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Pangu said:
I personally find Shanghai's skyline, name that of Pudong, to be more identifiable and unique, since it includes unique and famous landmarks such as the Oriental Pearl tower and the Jinmao tower.
Yes. Shanghai's skyline's definitely more recognizable. All you need is to see the Oriental Pearl tower to know it's Shanghai. But the problem I have is some of the more recognizable buildings in Shanghai are ugly (to me, at least). The Oriental's toylike, cheap looking and has a very bad color combination. And then there's the Bank of China tower, which I dislike a lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts