Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd create a thread for this development seen as though it will be delivered separately from the wider One Wolstenholme Square scheme.

First rumoured back in March;
Hearing that Elliot has indeed purchased the PSS building

Confirmed in June;
Developer Elliot Group has bought the site of social care charity PSS, on the northern edge of Wolstenholme Square... Elliot Lawless of Elliot Group said: “PSS has been trail-blazing for almost a century and the receipt from our acquisition will enable them to continue providing outstanding care to the people of Liverpool, whilst allowing them to house their team in modern, fit-for-purpose offices.
https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/ne...nholme-square-regen-with-fresh-site-purchase/

Details announced in September;
Elliot Group has submitted a planning application for a £36m extension to its Wolstenholme Square project in Liverpool, to be called The Address at One Wolstenholme Square.

The submission is for an 11-storey apartment block on the site of the former headquarters of social care charity PSS on Seel Street, which Elliot Group acquired in June. The scheme, if approved, will provide 150,000 sq ft of new space.

The development will provide 200 homes, plus two commercial units and a rooftop terrace for residents. Homes will be divided between studios, of which there will be 32, and 102 one-bed apartments and 66 two-bed homes.

“We’ve worked really hard to develop a scheme that not only adds value to the surrounding streetscape, but also takes the wider Wolstenholme Square project forward in terms of amenity and the range of homes offered,” said Elliot Lawless, managing director of Elliot Group.

“We’ve been able to introduce more two bed apartments and the additional commercial space will be key to our strategy of animating the development at street level. We’re keen to ensure that all our commercial tenants are local independent operators so that they add to the development’s distinctive feel. This has worked really well for us on Norfolk Street in the Baltic and will suit the square’s vibe perfectly.”
https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/application-in-for-wolstenholme-resi-extension/

Application appeared last month, there are just under 3 weeks left for comments.

Application Number: 18F/0301
Site Address: 18-24 Seel Street Liverpool L1 4AU
Application Type: Full Planning Permission
Proposal: To demolish existing buildings and erect 11 storey building comprising 200 apartments (Use Class C3), ground floor commercial (Use Classes A1, A2, A3, A4 and D2), ancillary amenities, including gym, cycle parking, roof top garden, courtyard with associated works.
Applicant: HDCO EPL3 Limited

A photo of the current site, courtesy of Chris B;
Looking good from Gradwell Street. Also showing the potential of the now hopelessly out-of-scale PSS site -
https://flic.kr/p/UjgX2K

Some views of the proposed development;

:cheers:

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,725 Posts
I'm glad this was approved, I like this one a lot.

Planning approval for £36m scheme on site of former Liverpool charity HQ

Merseyside developer Elliot Group has today (April 3) received the go-ahead for an 11 storey luxury apartment block in Liverpool city centre.

The Address, part of the company’s wider Wolstenholme Square development, will turn the former headquarters of social care charity PSS into 32 studios, 102 one-bed apartments and 66 two-bed homes.

The £36m project will also include two commercial units on the ground floor.

Elliot Group has committed to leasing the space to local entrepreneurs, in line with its strategy for Wolstenholme Square.

The developer acquired the former PSS HQ in June last year.

Elliot Group boss Elliot Lawless said: “I’m delighted with today’s decision. It will see the redevelopment of another low-quality post-war infill with a building of a more appropriate scale for its location and setting.

“Our overall masterplan is providing a strong anchor at the north west end of Ropewalks and linking it seamlessly with Liverpool ONE.”

He added: “The regenerative impact of this should be substantial, over time.” and The Address has been designed to satisfy investor demand for more homes in the area, explained Lawless.

Residents at The Address will have access to luxury spa and pool, along with terraces on the 9th and 11th floors.

The scheme was launched to satisfy investor demand, with the wider Wolstenholme Square project now entirely pre-sold.

Adam Hall, of architects Falconer Chester Hall, commented: “We’re creating a fantastic rooftop terrace with real wow-factor and stunning views.

“Every resident will be able to enjoy it and there’ll be nothing of this quality in the city.”

Manchester-based Zerum acted as planning consultancy for the submission.
https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2018/...m-resi-scheme-on-site-of-liverpool-charity-hq

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Good news. The scaffold is coming down on the 3rd block today as well as it looks good.

I wonder whether they'll get started on this one in 2018.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Elliot Lawless - "It will see the redevelopment of another low-quality post-war infill with a building of a more appropriate scale for its location and setting."
It's got to be said that most if not all of his developments have been on derelict and/or low rise sites that have been crying out for development. Compare and contrast with the likes of the supposedly reputable Anwyl who have come along and knocked down a perfectly decent building on Pall Mall to then put the scheme on hold. Even Norton Street bus station, as grim as it was, was a working facility, not a shitty cleared site

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It's got to be said that most if not all of his developments have been on derelict and/or low rise sites that have been crying out for development. Compare and contrast with the likes of the supposedly reputable Anwyl who have come along and knocked down a perfectly decent building on Pall Mall to then put the scheme on hold. Even Norton Street bus station, as grim as it was, was a working facility, not a shitty cleared site
I do agree, but don't forget the perfectly good warehouse that was mysteriously set on fire.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Elliot deserve some praise. They obviously have a model which works and their activities in Baltic and Ropewalks particularly have really helped in regenerating the areas. Infinity is obviously a step up for them but they seem to know what they are doing.

Ten years ago Grosvenor gave a major injection to the city by developing the area between Albert Dock, Church Street and Hanover Street. It was hoped at the time that it would lead to the regeneration of the surrounding areas. Though there are still lots of sites (particularly the two surface car parks), the expansion of the city centre has now made Ropewalks a desirable place to live and Elliot have led the charge.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Unbelievable transformation in that area now. I took a friend of mine from Peterborough around there before the match on Wednesday after walking from the Baltic Fleet to La'go and he was a regular in cream back in the late 90's early 00's and he couldn't believe how much it had changed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sales

Have the apartments been put on sale yet? I assume they will be priced at a higher level compared to the rest of OWS (like for like, 1BD v 1BD etc) given the additional facilities?

·
Just something
9,055 Posts
Loving the 'roof gardens'... the more the merrier.

Roof realm + vista is to be encouraged in all developments IMHO.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Loving the 'roof gardens'... the more the merrier.

Roof realm + vista is to be encouraged in all developments IMHO.
Aye. I think someone already answered it somewhere else but I forgot - why don't we have any major living walls yet? Plants and green walls and roof gardens everywhere please.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts