Under Construction
10 levels 38m

York Commercial Campus
Approved
1 x 8 2 x 10 Levels

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Thats awsome stuff - lots of glass proposed.

Height isn't everything, and those renderings prove that Adelaide's boom is just as spectacular as Perth, Brisbane & GC - with their height.

Love it!!
J

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
3 projects over 80m, 4 x 60-80m

interesting interpretation of a boom.

especially like spire living and cct8

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
I can count 16 between 60 - 80 so not sure where you learnt to count....
oh theyre not in order of height in that case...BOOM ON!

heaps of 60m ones will be awes!! hope they will all be approved. fingers crossed

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think these proposals show that what Adelaide is lacking in height they are making up with high quality, architecturally impressive designs.

Some of slop Perth is getting, particularly the concrete boxes in East Perth - i'd give them up anyday for 22 Curie St and 140 North Tce.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Adelaide has something called density, something a pretty little city on the west coast could use a little bit of. ;)
So how does Perth not have density? I don't understand. If you can say Adelaide is dense because it doesn't have height, then how does that make streets other than St Georges Tc in Perth any different? They don't have as much height but they have just as much development.

I've also posted aerial images which prove Adelaides dense area is no larger than Perths denser area from Barrack St to the freeway.

·
Where am I?
487 Posts
^^ I am sure that you can come up with something a little more original than that comment.

I tend to agree with Hayds - that list is pretty good and there is quality in that list also, but for Adelaide to really say it is booming we need more than two 100m+ buildings.

But saying that, we really haven't felt the full effects of the 'boom' yet anyway.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Some of those designs I'm not mad on and hope they are redesigned - such as the Planet nightclub site. The Precinct would have to be one of my favs.

^^ I am sure that you can come up with something a little more original than that comment.

I tend to agree with Hayds - that list is pretty good and there is quality in that list also, but for Adelaide to really say it is booming we need more than two 100m+ buildings.

But saying that, we really haven't felt the full effects of the 'boom' yet anyway.
Yeah I can't believe I'm saying this, but I tend to agree aswell.

Though compared to a few years ago, there is alot of construction that has started or soon to commence.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Love it !
Great stuff.
I don't give a rats arse if it's a "boom" or not - all I know is that it's more scraper activity than what's happened in the CBD probably since the mid 1980's and that it'll have a reasonable effect on the skyline and an even bigger effect at street level right throughout the square mile.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Thanks for the rundown.
I have been busy in the courts this week and so have had the pleasure of enjoying Adelaide from the fringes of Victoria Sq. The city has changed dramatically in the past 2 years alone. I frankly couldn't believe what I was seeing this past week with trams zipping in and out between traffic and the treelined King William St showing some autumn beauty. The streets of Adelaide are just awesome and the more glass thats getting added is just complementing the historical architecture you'll see in the CBD. CC1 and 2 contrast very well with their neighbours namely GPO, Town hall and Meridian across the road.

This thread is just the tip of a great day of increased pride in my home city. City because thats exactly what Adelaide feels like these days.

Bring on the projects!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
More projects - Plus all these projects (including the ones Ben has posted) are all located in the Adelaide CBD only.

Will @ S-A said:
There are a few more:

82 Flinders Street
Proposed
16 levels
No render available

Spark88 - 88-90 Hindley Street
U/C
16 Levels - 46.7m

Wave 11-19 Gilles Street
U/C
12 Levels - 40m