Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's an open thread to raise your thoughts of what make a good skyscraper or lowrise being good in its design.

Like a beautiful woman which has the right propotions, like a handsome man who have the right mascularity, buildings and the human being attracted to it ,share their love according to the math behind it and everyone stick to some kind of math that or another,but most of us drown into the same ideas in general.

Show me your favourite skyscrapers(there are many threads like that) only if you can tell me why you are into it, portray it and its features that make you like it, define it and determine the characteristics which in your opinion make it worth to be a symbol for being "adapted" by many people or by aesthetic ideal.

If you don't want to bring photos you can just discuss it.

My example of good building(not my favourite there are many):

Credit: Javier
Torre Sacyr Vallehermoso,Madrid.

35 Torres CajaMadrid y Sacyr Vallehermoso 17618 by Javier, on Flickr

I like this building because it is cylindrical yet not a perfect cylindrical and oval horizontally cylindrical,its very simple yet elegant building with deep blue glass and horizontal lines differntiating between the floors.
it is tall and wide very proportionally it is not a mast like a lot of buildings around the world.

*If the moderators find this thread too complicated or not suitable to this forum's section they can relocate it, remove it according to their decision*

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Credit: ClemetNic
MetLife building,246m,Manhattan,New York City,USA

New-York : Metlife building by ClemetNic, on Flickr

The building with The Presence, its honorable and confident and sometimes too sticking out(according to a lot of people) character make it from first glance something you can't miss.
it's very simple structure, the cladding somehow have to be replaced. yet the building structure tells it all - it give you the impression of an old honorable person which sits on stable ground and reflect it very well.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Credit: Sean Franzen

Kingkey100,KK100,441m,Shenzhen,China.

KK 100 by Sean Franzen, on Flickr

Why is this building so elegant, hard to say - it sure has to do with the transparent blue, and the glide of its torso at the end of the building.
The shape is very modest and the cladding support its modesty.
it is great sun reflector,its ratio between the cladding choice to the height and design make it feel like it even taller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts