Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
I love it. Quite a lot of my friends have been on pilgrimage here, and I think there is the house of the Prophet in Akka which is nearby.

·
Registered
899 Posts

In this photo they have this tall building right behind the gardens towering over it, it looks kinda ugly like that lol. Not very pleasant.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! :)

What really makes this place so beautiful is the ambiance- the sites, the sounds, even the smell. Being in the gardens is like having an out-of-body experience--- this feeling of total calm and tranquility fills your soul. It is truly like being in heaven on earth.

I think for this, we are truly indebted to Persia, since this is from where the Bahaii came. And without them, there would be no temples and gardens. :D

·
Dreams of Babylon Rising
8,848 Posts
There were many Bahai's where I used to live, they used to show this temple a lot on their local broadcasting TV station.

The have another nice temple in India, the lotus shaped one.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Beautiful place, a gift to manking! Place of peace and unity. Thanks for share greetings from Montevideo, Uruguay

·
Its time
156 Posts
Bahais always feel to me like ME Mormons, these is a temple in oakland

·
Read Only
0 Posts
wow, its like heaven
possibly one of the most beautiful places on earth, and that mediterreanian
sun and sea, ohhh boy
Bahaollah (their prophet) was born in shiraz right?

They will eventually have temples back home and Shiraz is already known as the city of gardens, so I can't wait to see what they do in Shiraz. Their gardens are amazing.

Isn't it amazing how Iranian religions are so peaceful and awesome compared to abrahamic religions?

Zoroastrianism=good deeds, good words, good thoughts
Bahais ephasize the "spiritual unity of all humankind"

Abarahamic religions=accept my 'peaceful' religion or die

:lol:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Bahais always feel to me like ME Mormons, these is a temple in oakland

First no so good looking Bahai temple I've seen

This is their New Delhi temple. The architect of the Lotus Temple is an Iranian Bahai by the name of Fariborz Sahba.

And in Chicago

·
Registered
14,924 Posts

They will eventually have temples back home and Shiraz is already known as the city of gardens, so I can't wait to see what they do in Shiraz. Their gardens are amazing.

Isn't it amazing how Iranian religions are so peaceful and awesome compared to abrahamic religions?

i think tehran is where he was born

·
Registered
6,544 Posts

Which is why your religions perished and Semitic ones triumphed :smug:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Which is why your religions perished and Semitic ones triumphed :smug:
Factually speaking, Abrahamic religions are still babies. Iranian religions dominated for much longer periods and most still exist.

btw, the age of kingdoms and state religions are coming to an end. Iran and Saudi are the last of the breed. Iran became a theocracy on accident as well and we don't have to wait much longer till Khomaini's retarded utopia goes to the dust bin of history.

Arabs attacked Iran in the 600's. From then on, we've never had a democratic nation. Once Iran democratizes and religous freedom comes to Iran (which will be a first in millenia), many millions will start looking for alternatives (right now people are doing so secretly).

There are of course no real statistics, but those of us that have lived in Iran are familiar with an impt phenomenon: a person's opinion on Islam/zoroastrianism/Bahaism is directly proportional to hsi/her income and whether or not he/she come from an urban background or rural. The trend is super obvious. A survey done in the US (among Iranians) showed that only 2/5 Iranians identified themselves as muslim. I see the exact same thing happening in the next 6-7 decades in Iran, there is no question about it.

Abrahamic religions have always been state religions and they've always been forced. You take away the stick and people will look for alternatives. Europeans never really had organized monotheistic religions for themselves, so even though most Europeans today are agnostics/atheists, they're still statistical christians. In a country like Iran, where monotheism was invented and many other monotheistic religions exist, there are many alternatives for people who want smtg different.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
i think tehran is where he was born
You're right, I got him mixed up with Bab who invented Babism.

The Bábi Faith (Persian: بابی ها‎ Bábí há ) is a religious movement that flourished in Persia from 1844 to 1852, then lingered on in exile in the Ottoman Empire (especially Cyprus) as well as underground. Its founder was Siyyid `Alí Muhammad Shirazi, who took the title Báb—meaning "Gate"—from a Shi'a theological term. Unlike other Islamic messianic movements, the Bábí movement signalled a break with Islam and attempted to start a new religious system. While the Bábí movement was violently opposed and crushed by the clerical and government establishments in the country in the mid 1850s, the Bábí movement led to the founding of the Bahá'í Faith which sees the religion brought by the Báb as a predecessor to their own religion, and gives a renewed significance to the Bábí movement.[1]
Never read anything about him. But seems he was a patriot.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Factually speaking, Abrahamic religions are still babies. Iranian religions dominated for much longer periods and most still exist.

btw, the age of kingdoms and state religions are coming to an end. Iran and Saudi are the last of the breed. Iran became a theocracy on accident as well and we don't have to wait much longer till Khomaini's retarded utopia goes to the dust bin of history.

Arabs attacked Iran in the 600's. From then on, we've never had a democratic nation. Once Iran democratizes and religous freedom comes to Iran (which will be a first in millenia), many millions will start looking for alternatives (right now people are doing so secretly).

There are of course no real statistics, but those of us that have lived in Iran are familiar with an impt phenomenon: a person's opinion on Islam/zoroastrianism/Bahaism is directly proportional to hsi/her income and whether or not he/she come from an urban background or rural. The trend is super obvious. A survey done in the US (among Iranians) showed that only 2/5 Iranians identified themselves as muslim. I see the exact same thing happening in the next 6-7 decades in Iran, there is no question about it.

Abrahamic religions have always been state religions and they've always been forced. You take away the stick and people will look for alternatives. Europeans never really had organized monotheistic religions for themselves, so even though most Europeans today are agnostics/atheists, they're still statistical christians. In a country like Iran, where monotheism was invented and many other monotheistic religions exist, there are many alternatives for people who want smtg different.
Urgh do you have to take the fun out of everything? We get it; only poor Iranians are Muslim and the rest all despise the lizard eaters-imposed religion and prefer more peaceful and prosperous ways of living.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts