Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
nash
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The structure i360 proposed by an NRI in GIM-2012 promises a 360 degree view of the entire city.

Outer view of i360 Bangalore

inner view of i360 Bangalore

Suggested by NRI Neeraj Patil, the structure will rise to a height of 175 metres.
“I want the people to be able to have a bird’s eye view of Bangalore. It has the potential to become a major attraction for visitors and locals alike,” Patil told Express.
The idea of i360 was pitched to Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda at GIM on Thursday. Patil said that the CM seemed keen on the idea of having a structure like this in the city. “The CM has given us a single point of liaison to take the plan forward. Now we can start identifying lands and other things for the purpose,” he added.

The tower will be built by David Marks, who is also the brain behind the famous London Eye, which is a giant ferris wheel like structure in London.

Speaking to Express, Marks said, “We have tested a similar structure in Brighton which is ready to be put into operation. The team building the Bangalore i360, in case it is approved, will be the same one that worked on the London Eye.” He added that the structure would have a 20 metre base.
“Considering the wind conditions in the city, we should be able to go up to a minimum height of 175 metres,” he added. The tower will occupy the space of a tennis court, according to Dr Patil.
He added that the project would require lands in central Bangalore and close to transport centres.

London can have its i360 tower, why not Bengaluru? NRI, Dr. Neeraj Patil, has dreamed up a 140m high- rise architectural marvel to provide a 360 degree view of the city, which he is banking on a team of UK architects to accomplish.
He has set the ball rolling already with a meeting with Chief Minister D. V. Sadananda Gowda on Thursday where he put forward his tall proposal for the city's own i360 tower, explaining that it has the potential to become a major attraction for tourists and locals alike.
“The CM has given us a single point of liason in order to take the plan forward, and now we can start with issues like identifying land and other parameters. It will be a public space with all amenities ," Dr Patil reveals.

The i360 tower in London has been designed by Marks Barfieldield, a company run by the husband and wife team of David Marks and Julia Barfield, who also designed the London Eye.
Mr David Marks,who was at GIM -2012, said he was delighted to bring the project to Bengaluru. “We have tested a similar structure in Brighton which is ready to be put into operation.
The team building the Bengaluru i360 if it is approved, will be the same as the one that worked on the London Eye,” he added. The structure in the city could have a 20 meter base with a pod, 18 m in diameter. “It will offer visitors a 360 Degree view of the city .
Considering the wind conditions in Bengaluru we should be able to go upto a minimum of 140 meters in height,” he explained.
The tower will occupy the space of a tennis court , preferably in Central Bengaluru, close to transport centers. Presently a detailed study ofvarious aspects of the project, including its funding is under way.

The people behind the project would now approach the tourism department to conduct a study related to the city and discuss the sponsorship for the project.

·
15 and Enthusiastic.
186 Posts
waste structure, not required. You can see the city from any skyscraper top floor :cheers:
A 360 degree view? I'm not sure everyone has access to the top floor of a skyscraper. Did they say this about the Pearl Oriental Tower? The London Eye? Macau Tower? I think if this materializes, it can become an icon for Bangalore. :)

·
3,963 Posts
Nice video Avi :cheers:, for a moment I was excited that this proposal has reached a stage where they have published the video renders :no:

·
nash
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
waste structure, not required. You can see the city from any skyscraper top floor :cheers:
do some home work before u write something.London eye has enhanced tourism of UK by significant number.What Bangalore badly needs is boost to tourism

·
sui-tapak
584 Posts
First Mysore eye then bengaluru i360 wow huge projects which will boost tourism ,i hope these projects materialise

But speaking practically can our ppl spend 500 -1000 just to have a glimpse of the city and will our great Karnataka govt approve these.

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,156 Posts
First Mysore eye then bengaluru i360 wow huge projects which will boost tourism ,i hope these projects materialise

But speaking practically can our ppl spend 500 -1000 just to have a glimpse of the city and will our great Karnataka govt approve these.
Mysore eye is in implementation stage,it took three years for it to materialise.Bangalore i360 is something we need to wait for another 3-4 years for it to materialise.

I agree with gentem,it is a waste structure in Mysore and Bangalore.Mysore has chamundi hill and bangalore any skyscraper top will do.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its better if this is constructed in middle of Cubbon Park. They need only 2 acres, So I guess, It can be constructed at the centre circle in cubbon park

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Its better if this is constructed in middle of Cubbon Park. They need only 2 acres, So I guess, It can be constructed at the centre circle in cubbon park
I think it might just come opposite to Vikas Soudha and adjacent to High court.
Lies the Cubbon park. Moreover we have a metro station to help ppl to commute instead of using Cars or Tourist vehicles to reach the Spot.

Based on Video clippings - where Neeraj Patil says, it needs to be near to Vidhana Soudha and High Court. Need to see only when the construction begins which Location they have chosen.

we might see it only if Present BJP Govt is re-elected and some progess on that in June - July of 2013.

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,156 Posts
That's good news for mysoreans.:)

Nothing can beat Chamundi hill which offers a panoramic view of the city.Climb up the hill leisurely watching Namma Mysore :happy: that too without paying a penny.

In my opinion that chhota 150 feet structure is nothing in front of Chamundi hill,which also offers numerous vantage points to enjoy mysore's aerial view.

Coming to Bangalore, a nice terrace restaurant on a super tall building will do.

Pucca waste structures

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Nothing can beat Chamundi hill which offers a panoramic view of the city.Climb up the hill leisurely watching Namma Mysore :happy: that too without paying a penny.

In my opinion that chhota 150 feet structure is nothing in front of Chamundi hill,which also offers numerous vantage points to enjoy mysore's aerial view.

Coming to Bangalore, a nice terrace restaurant on a super tall building will do.

Pucca waste structures
Tourism ko badhane keliye kya karna chaiye Aakash? Mujhe toh lagta hai ki world-class museum (New York mein Smithsonian jaisa) aur Disneyland jaisa bahut bada park acha idea hoga. What do you think?

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,156 Posts
There are 1000s of heritage buildings in dilapidated state in namma mysore,renovate them instead.Mysore would look like one open museum.Karnataka would then boast of two open museums,one the great hampi and the great namma mysore. :happy: Such new chhota motta things will not deck up Mysore's already strong tourism field.

Bangalore is a different set altogether,Bangalore was never a tourist place so may be such 360i structures might help it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts