301 - 320 of 4634 Posts

·
Real Horrorshow
23,437 Posts

·
Real Horrorshow
23,437 Posts
The last two are great.

There should be a huge campaign across Europe to get brand new windows on each brutalist landmark building. Seriously. Old rotting windows ruin the overall appearance and do not convey the modern, futuristic architecture the designers planned on having.

·
Macedonia
47,118 Posts
@Skopje/Скопје

Do you know if the brutalist architecture from Skjopje is a part of Kenzo Tange projects for Skopje?
I'm not sure, but i know that these examples of brutalist architecture are from macedonian architects.

·
Macedonia
47,118 Posts

·
Macedonia
47,118 Posts
The last two are great.

There should be a huge campaign across Europe to get brand new windows on each brutalist landmark building. Seriously. Old rotting windows ruin the overall appearance and do not convey the modern, futuristic architecture the designers planned on having.
Thanks. I am a big fan of brutalist architecture, especially the one in Skopje. Personally, I think they are very bold futuristic architectural solutions that leave a lasting mark on a city. Unfortunately, many citizens of Skopje think these buildings are concrete monsters.

And, I agree about the changing of the windows. And, btw, I think that many of these buildings need a facade renewing (refreshing).

·
Macedonia
47,118 Posts

·
Macedonia
47,118 Posts
@Skopje/Скопје

Do you know if the brutalist architecture from Skjopje is a part of Kenzo Tange projects for Skopje?
Архитекти и година на изградба / Architects and year of construction

I. Главна пошта / Main Post Office

Јанко Константинов / Janko Konstantinov, 1971, 1982, 1989.

II. НБРМ / National Bank of Macedonia

Радомир Лалович, Олга Папеш / Radomir Lalovic, Olga Papes, 1975.

III. Телеком / Macedonian Telecommunications Building

Јанко Константинов / Janko Konstantinov, 1975.

IV Студентски дом „Гоце Делчев“ / Goce Delchev Student Dormitory

Ѓорѓи Константиновски / Georgi Konstantinovski, 1971.

V Универзитет „Св. Кирил и Методиј“ / SS. Cyril and Methodius University

Марко Мушиќ / Marko Music, 1974.

VI Хидрометеоролошки завод на Македонија / Macedonian Hydrometeorology Institute

Крсто Тодоровски / Krsto Todorovski, 1975.

VII Гимназија „Никола Карев“ / Nikola Karev High School

Јанко Константинов / Janko Konstantinov, 1968.

VIII Градски архив / Skopje City Archive

Ѓорѓи Константиновски / Georgi Konstantinovski, 1968.

IX ОУ "Јохан Хајнрих Песталоци" / Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi Elementary School

Алфред Рот / Alfred Rot, 1967.

X Средно медицинско училиште „Д-р Панче Караѓозов“ / Panche Karagjozov MD Medical High School

Јанко Константинов / Janko Konstantinov, 1973.

Извори/Sources:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/62836800/Arhitektura-Na-Tlu-Jugoslavije-Deo-3 + Google search.

301 - 320 of 4634 Posts