SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Negative vibes coming from the "worst building in Brum".

The best for me would have to be Alpha Tower. Take a good look at it, it is such an interesting building, both at the bottom of the tower & it's overall shape.

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
Council house is quite nice. Last time I was in the inside was when receiving the freedom of the city, quite nice on the inside too.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
The Victorian crown court. It is so old and beautiful. Good thing the Nazis didn't destroy it because I'd be seething.

·
Simples
6,757 Posts
I'd go for the Council house. It's so Grand onto Victoria Square, it's also fantastic onto Chamberlain square and links fantastically to the BMAG building with that classicla Bridge. Othersides are obviously less visable but still nicely finnished.

edit.

yes and great insides especially the marble staircase at the BMAG entrance

·
Registered
435 Posts
Erebus555 said:
The Victorian crown court. It is so old and beautiful. Good thing the Nazis didn't destroy it because I'd be seething.
I absolutely agree, it is a staggering building, which just oozes status and grandeur.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Shame about the hanging gardens on the roof :)

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
I consider Selfridges to be unique. Not beautiful neighter ugly. It'll be interesting to see the reaction to it in 20/ 30 years time. Will we hate it like we hated the old BullRing?

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,456 Posts
SimonTheSoundMan said:
Council house is quite nice. Last time I was in the inside was when receiving the freedom of the city, quite nice on the inside too.
Can i ask why you got the freedom of the City?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Contemporary - Five Ways Tower or The Hyatt
Classical - The Council House

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
The Hyatt is nice but I would really have wanted it to be a lot bigger. It looks short and stubby :(

Baskerville House is actually quite nice. It's a shame that it was the only part of the Civic Centre that was built... The Civic Centre would have been immense. I need to dig out an old book I had about it, it should the models and all.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
If only the grammar school survived on New Street...
image of the grammar school:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FLD said:
Negative vibes coming from the "worst building in Brum".

The best for me would have to be Alpha Tower. Take a good look at it, it is such an interesting building, both at the bottom of the tower & it's overall shape.
Found a cool picture of Alpha Tower.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
No one has mentioned HCT. Ah well. It is a beatiful building but there isn't much to it...

·
Ow'amya ?
512 Posts
Erebus555 said:
No one has mentioned HCT. Ah well. It is a beatiful building but there isn't much to it...
i really like HCT along with dozens of others i could of nominated but at the end of the day it had to be a "gem". A building unlike any other and one that is unlikely to be repeated, so i go for this one on New Street:

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
I don't like the base of that building, the overhang makes it all dark and gloomy, and you can't look up to see the building, although I suppose it does keep the rain off.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts