SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1339 Posts

·
Bleach lover
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently the fastest growing nation in the world, China is building hundreds of skyscrapers over 200 meters. As a result, China has produced many spectacular skylines in the past 2 decades. However, most Chinese skylines are unnoticed because they don't get publicity, except for Shanghai and Hong Kong.

The nation with most skyscrapers deserve a thread of its own here in this forum. Please share the photos you like from any/all Chinese cities :)

·
pooh bear
5,967 Posts
HK
Chongqing
Shanghai
Guangzhou
Shenzhen
Tianjin
Nanjing

Then lower tier skylines in no particular order, many can join the top tier within 5 years:
Beijing
Shenyang
Hangzhou
Suzhou
Guiyang
Chengdu
Changsha
Nanning

·
pooh bear
5,967 Posts
Tianjin! One of the fastest growing cities worldwide with 13 200m+ topped out just in the year 2012. The results are really starting to show:

·
Registered
237 Posts
The best one should be obviously between Hongkong and Shanghai
But I would like to give a top list

1st group
Shanghai
Hongkong

2nd group
Guangzhou
Shenzhen
Chongqing

3rd group
Beijing
Tianjin
Nanjing
Dalian
Shenyang
Hangzhou
Suzhou
Wuxi

4th group
Ningbo
Chengdu
Macau
Qingdao
Nanning
Changzhou
Xiamen
Taipei should be among these ones if you take it as a Chinese Taiwan city

and some new comers
Wuhan
Changsha
Guiyang
Harbin
Fuzhou
Nanchang
Zhuhai

Did I miss some important ones?

·
Registered
237 Posts
And I believe the ranking will be changed in the next 5-10 years
Shenzhen, Tianjin and Beijing will challenge the 1st group
Shenyang, Suzhou will be among the 2nd group
Wuhan and Changsha will jump to the 2nd group ones too!

·
Registered
23,460 Posts
Currently the fastest growing nation in the world, China is building hundreds of skyscrapers over 200 meters. As a result, China has produced many spectacular skylines in the past 2 decades. However, most Chinese skylines are unnoticed because they don't get publicity, except for Shanghai and Hong Kong.

The nation with most skyscrapers deserve a thread of its own here in this forum. Please share the photos you like from any/all Chinese cities :)
Thank you for one the most interesting comparative threads.

·
Registered
23,460 Posts
Guys, I want to tell you one more thing about Shanghai. It's not Lujiazui that is to notice. To have a strong impression of what this huge megapolis is, you have to take the Outer Ring Road, it's southern part. There you will be able to see the huge skyline from Pudong to almost Hongqiao. And this is mind- and body-boggling. In comparison with it Hong-kong looks just tiny.

I really regret not taking such a picture by myself.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
There is something about the Guangzhou skyline that appeals more to me, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

·
Banned
543 Posts
There is something about the Guangzhou skyline that appeals more to me, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

The smog?

1 - 20 of 1339 Posts