SkyscraperCity banner

1341 - 1360 of 1360 Posts

·
15,810 Posts

Chengdu - 成都
Chengdu City, Capital of Sichuan Province, SW China

Mount Siguniang (backdrop of the photo below) is visible from Chengdu.
At the height of 6,250 m (20,510 ft) , Mount Siguniang (or Four Sisters Mountain) is known as the "Queen of Sichuan's Peaks (蜀山皇后)".
The "King of Sichuan's Peaks (蜀山之王)" is the taller Mount Gongga (or Minya Konka) at 7,556 m (24,790 ft) .

by 麦田里的麦兜兜 on 500px

·
15,810 Posts

Suzhou - 苏州
Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province, Eastern China

Suzhou is the 2nd Largest City in Jiangsu Province after the Provincial Capital Nanjing
Suzhou, located immediately west of Shanghai, is part of the Shanghai Metropolitan Area (population of approx. 30~35 million)

by 赵碧卿 Bourne on 500px

by 赵碧卿 Bourne on 500px

by 赵碧卿 Bourne on 500px

by 赵碧卿 Bourne on 500px

by 赵碧卿 Bourne on 500px

·
15,810 Posts

Xi'an - 西安
Xi'an City, Capital of Shaanxi Province, NW China

Xi'an, also known as Chang'an (长安) in old days, is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China along with Beijing, Nanjing & Luoyang.

西安高新CBD, by 风之子 on 500px

by BrookYu on 500px

by BrookYu on 500px

by 老盐同学 on 500px

by 顾不上取名 on 500px

·
15,810 Posts
^^
Nowadays, Luoyang is the 2nd largest city in Henan Province after the Provincial Capital Zhengzhou.
Yes, I think they do have a decent skyline.
I'll try to find the photos of Luoyang and post them later. :)

Nanning - 南宁
Nanning City, Capital of Guangxi Autonomous Region, Southern China

Please don't confuse Nanning in Southern China with the bigger Nanjing (Capital of Jiangsu Province) in Eastern China

by 绕梁之影 on 500px

by 绕梁之影 on 500px

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,025 Posts
Nanning - 南宁
Nanning City, Guangxi Autonomous Region, Southern China

Please don't confuse Nanning in Southern China with the bigger Nanjing (Capital of Jiangsu Province) in Eastern China

View attachment 172787
by 绕梁之影 on 500px​
So last time I was in Nanning I went up the glass elevator of Diwang when it just opened for the day and checked out the view and planned, walked thru the expo (and had a milktea) over to ASEAN CBD for all the skyscrapers, turned towards Qingxiu mountains visible on the picture, explored most of it and then walked across the bridge to the new Wuxiang CBD to take my evening metro back to city center for dinner. For a skyscraper fan, that was a hell of a one-man one-day city exploration. I can strongly recommend this route, if you don't mind walking.

·
I Love Chicago!
5,324 Posts
So last time I was in Nanning I went up the glass elevator of Diwang when it just opened for the day and checked out the view and planned, walked thru the expo (and had a milktea) over to ASEAN CBD for all the skyscrapers, turned towards Qingxiu mountains visible on the picture, explored most of it and then walked across the bridge to the new Wuxiang CBD to take my evening metro back to city center for dinner. For a skyscraper fan, that was a hell of a one-man one-day city exploration. I can strongly recommend this route, if you don't mind walking.
Wow, sounds like fun! (Only skyscraper fans would say that. :D) May I ask what "Diwang" is?

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,025 Posts
^^
Former tallest building of Nanning

It claims to have the tallest elevator made of glass that you can look out to go to the observation deck in China, I do not know if it is still true.

1341 - 1360 of 1360 Posts