SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Celebrity Fitness
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which city is the best to live in your old age/golden age?And why?
In your country and/or outside your country.I'll tell mine later.. ;)

·
17,379 Posts
Any city in The Philippines especially Manila where you see 80 year old still playing Bingo :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
I see many elderly living here in Victoria, BC. This is most likely the result of it having less servre winters then the rest of Canada...

·
BANGED
772 Posts
I'd choose Pacific Northwest Region especially Portland.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
:D I already live there: Arnhem; quiet transport (smooth trolleybusses), elevated busstop platforms so you can just 'roll in' with your wheelie bin. Even the automatic doors of shops open slightly slower. Loads and loads of castles, galleries and theatres, no noisy industry, no airport. Just lovely. If not Arnhem, then The Hague. Both known for their slower pace.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Many Danes move to southern France and Spain, where they can bring their public and private pension, save a little on taxes and have free healthcare... that sounds okay... but Copenhagen isn't bad either, it's just a little cold in the winter..

For me time will tell...

·
17,379 Posts
For seniors, I think small to medium cities would be preferable. Most likely Seattle or San Diego

·
Pipe Layer
778 Posts
^^Yep. San Diego would be perfect if you've got the $$. Perfect weather and location (next to Mexico & LA). Beautiful beaches. Gorgeous scenery. A booming urban center. Outdoorsy lifestyle. Laid back back back.

My kind of town. :D

·
17,379 Posts
mongozx said:
^^Yep. San Diego would be perfect if you've got the $$. Perfect weather and location (next to Mexico & LA). Beautiful beaches. Gorgeous scenery. A booming urban center. Outdoorsy lifestyle. Laid back back back.

My kind of town. :D
It has it's privilage that is if you have a car. I was there years back and commuting was very difficult!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Buenos Aires.

It's like other nice places, but affordable.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts