SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which embassy in Ottawa do you fancy for its looks?

I like the Chinese Embassy. Vey nice piece of architecture.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rhino said:
Is this really the Sudan embassy?
Yeah alot of the consulates/embassies of the smaller countries are just simple houses, as their isn;t really a need for a big building like the US or Britain have.

·
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґ&#4
5,767 Posts
the Ukraine's looks quite nice. the Chinese one looks pretty bad though, judging from that shot.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Anything but the American Embassy. It would be more fitting in a war-torn country... rather quite the insult. It's obscene.

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
Rhino said:
Sorry to disapoint, but that would be the Mariinsky Palace in Kyiv, Ukraine.

This is the Ukrainian Embassy in Canada:

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
Here are other Embassies:

Armenia:

Algeria:

Angola:

Brunei:

Croatia:

Cuba:

France:

Germany:

Ghana:

Hungary:

Indonesia:

Iran:

Iraq:

Japan:

Kuwait:

Saudi Arabia:

South Africa:

Turkey:

Uganda:

UK:

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
Out of all of them so far, I like Algeria and Hungary the most.

·
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґ&#4
5,767 Posts
Yeah, most of the smaller country's embassies look good, seeing as there in nice old houses.. all the large ones look like prisons and factories >_>

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,858 Posts
algonquin said:
Anything but the American Embassy. It would be more fitting in a war-torn country... rather quite the insult. It's obscene.
What do u mean?

·
Registered
381 Posts
monkeyronin said:
Yeah, most of the smaller country's embassies look good, seeing as there in nice old houses.. all the large ones look like prisons and factories >_>
I don't mind the South African or French embassies. The US embassy looks like a fortress and seems totally cut off from the city (or it did when I last saw it). The Indonesian embassy looks like it should be in a suburban office park and the UK embassy looks like an ugly office building (which I guess is more or less what it actually is :) ).

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Nouvellecosse said:
What do u mean?
It's literally a fortress. It brings all the paranoia and fear that the US admin seems to embrace and plunks it right down in the middle of Ottawa. I doesn't belong here... particularly in such a prominent spot downtown. If they wanted it to be such a cold war bunker, they should have hidden the ugly bitch elsewhere. But judge for yourself.

It's a prison. And they built it right next to the Byward market, of all places. :bash:

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
^That'd be the Polish Consulate (embasseies are only in capitals).

I love the US embassy (the western side more). Great piece of real estate. The picture for the UK building is actually the High Commission of the UK. That's such an ugly building too... The Colombian and Mexican embassies (and some others) are just in the World Exchange Place. Pretty disappointing for Mexico.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I really liked Kuwait's the most...

The US embassy would look better if its scaled down.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts