SkyscraperCity banner

Choose your favourite Bulgarian Church

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Vote now for your favourite Bulgarian church.

1. "Alexander Nevski" cathedral, Sofia

2. "Rojdestvo Hristovo" church, Shipka

3. "Uspenie Bogorodichno" cathedral, Varna

4. "Sveta Troica" church, Burgas

5. "Boyanna church", Sofia

6. "Rojdestvo Bogorodichno" church, Monastery of Rila

7. "Sveta Bogorodica" church, Bachkovski monastery

8. "Sveta Sofia" church, Sofia

9. "Sveta Nedelia" church, Sofia

10. "Rojdestvo Bogorodichno" cathedral, Veliko Turnovo

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Great thread :yes:

I have a small suggestion -- seems to me that it will be more interesting in terms of finding the 'champion' if we vote for only one of the churches..

·
Just a freak
2,881 Posts
7. "Sveta Bogorodica" church, Bachkovski monastery
I would like to add some piece of information about this one. In fact, there are two churches here. Note the smaller dome. It belongs to another church - Sveti Arhangeli, located next to the main church of the monastery. The interesting point about this church is that it has no ground level floor. Those of you who have visited Bachkovo monastery may remember that there is a floor just above the main entrance of the main church. Well, this is it, Sveti Arhangeli is a "second-floor-church", if I can describe it like this. A small staircase on the left-hand side, if my memory serves me right, leads to this church; however, it is not open visitors. The church dates back to 13-14 c.

·
инто спе
6,821 Posts
Катедралата Св.Успение Богородично във Варна според мен, много красива сграда и храм.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Bachkovski manastir ima strahotna arhitektura. triabva da go posetia pri sledvashtoto mi poseshtenie v stranata.

ps. ima edin manastir v Kurdjali, izglejda strahotno no ne se seshtam za imeto.

·
инто спе
6,821 Posts
Снимките на варненската катедрала не са от най-добрите при опциите тук.
При други наистина се вижда колко е красива, може би една от най-красивите православни църкви въобще. А и като че ли има нещо бароково в нея.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
църквата "Света Параскева" в София, намираща се на улица "Раковски" номер 58:banana::banana:

Храм "Света Параскева" е строена в продължение на 12 години и е завършена през 1930 година. Патрон на църквата е българската светица Петка, наричана още Параскева. Петпрестолна църква с особено интересна архитектура и оригинална пространствена композиция. Храмът се отличава с прекрасната си акустика и красивата дърворезба на иконостаса.
Църквата е трета по големина в столицата.

·
Just a freak
2,881 Posts
Bachkovski manastir ima strahotna arhitektura. triabva da go posetia pri sledvashtoto mi poseshtenie v stranata.

ps. ima edin manastir v Kurdjali, izglejda strahotno no ne se seshtam za imeto.
За съжаление, новият меркантилен игумен направи едно кичозно фонтанче, което се вписва в манастира толкова, колкото би се вписал и небостъргач. Дано се усетят и го махнат.

·
Rough'n'tough
12,505 Posts
The Church of St George (Bulgarian: Ротонда „Свети Георги“ Rotonda "Sveti Georgi") is an Early Christian red brick rotunda that is considered the oldest building in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. It is situated behind the Sheraton Hotel, amid remains of the ancient town of Serdica.

Built by the Romans in the 4th century AD, it is mainly famous for the 12th-14th century frescoes inside the central dome. Three layers of frescoes have been discovered, the earliest dating back to the 10th century. Magnificent frescoes of 22 prophets over 2 metres tall crown the dome. Painted over during the Ottoman period, when the building was used as a mosque, these frescoes were only uncovered in the 20th century.

Top location, eh? :yes::yes::yes:

Picture taken by Mike G. K.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Църква Св. Богородица Пловдив

Църква Св. Петка Пловдив

Католическата Катедрала Пловдив

Протестантска Църква Пловдив

1 - 17 of 17 Posts