SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 7101 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Part 1 of the BIG HUGE Copagenhagen Ørestad Update Thread is about to be archived, this one will take over.

To start with I'll repost my last photothread and the Escher Tower news.
Remember that you can still read the old thread ones it has been archived...

If anyone else wan't to copy some of their latest picture or news post (maybe the Libeskind ones?) you'd better do it soon before the old thread is closed down.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RE-POST of last phototour from the old thread:

The sun is shinning, so it's time for a photo tour of the massive construction site of Ørestad City! :)

Here we go...

Approching Ørestad City, with its crane clustered skyline:

This second KLP office building ...

... is now starting construction on this site:

Bellahus next to Bella Center Metro station:

A final look a the cranes from "the bush"...

... and a view towards Ørestad North and the rising concert hall

Soon some of the 12 floor residentials will be at full height and more projects will be above ground, so this will definitely not be the last photo tour this spring... :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE-POST of the Escher Tower news:

Time for some BIG news!!!

A 200m/54-55 floor hotel tower for Ørestad City!

Before everyone gets too carried away, I think we can only consider this a vision to start with. It is Ørestad City with its 80m restriction, so I don't really know what the chances is of this being build. But they are certainly trying to challange the authorities, which is a good start...

Anyway back to the project. It's designed by BIG. It seems to be the latest version of the Fields hotel tower. The hotel chain FIRST Hotels is the commisioner of the project, so it can't be pure fantasy. The project is called the Escher Tower (If you don't allready know about Escher, do a google image search and you'll be lost for hours).
Seems like our very own Turning Torso - just a little bit taller :D

Here's a few pictures. More can be found on BIG's homepage.

copyright: BIG

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
Okay, ill repost my last replay from the old one...

mlm said:
I thought the NCC one was the "Field's Hotel", but I'm not sure of anything. From the first of the renderings it looks like it is a bit away from Ferring, but on the second one it looks like it is close by. I'm confussed...
I think perhaps, since it is commisioned by First Hotel, and they dont own any land in Ørestaden and are not likely to actually pay for it them selfs, it is probably just a suggestion...

mlm said:
If you want to see the reception photos go to the BIG website and choose cronological. It's under 2006 and it's called "BIG".
Thanks...Why the hell do they have to berry it like that....Looks good though and that fact that both Ritt and Bondam shows up proved that he is moving up in the world...And lets face it. With the W and M houses, Bjerget, and the possible Battery with Mosque and this project, he can pretty much call Ørestaden his personal backyeard....

mlm said:
And finally yes, 20.000 m2 seems like too little for a 200 m tower.
well, perhaps it will work. A very slim tower as planed....Or perhaps they simply need 20.000 m2 and already expects the make it shorter...Or perhaps, and this is my dream version, 20.000 is just for the hotel, and the to 20 floors is to be used for apartments....Now that would be a kick ass idea...Oh, well...cant get to excited about an idea like this...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice pics, tournesol!

I'll post some newer ones tomorrow. I love the development of Ørestaden.

Now that the colors have been "attached" to Signalhuset it actually doesn't look that bad at all!

Peter K

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
/\ hey, atleast we're seeing 'serious' skyscraper proposols in CPH now! :) It's a start... and the polititions seem to love it... also... it is in Ørestad, which means the NIMBYs can't complain about it ruining the old/historic CPH skyline... :)

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Sure they can... and think of the extreme risk of planes mistaking it for a runway.... or even worse... giant Gorillas with cute blondes!!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some quick news:

Rambøll announced today that they'll move their HQ to Ørestad City.
They'll construct a new 40.000 sqm. building at the site located south of the motorway and Ferring building and east of the comming World Trad Center.
The masterplan doesn't allow anything tall here, so it will most likely be 8 floors tall.
The design is not made yet, and they expect it to be completed in the summer 2009

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Would that be the same site as where BIG (or PLOT) has proposed this carpark?

Somehow I always thought this was the site ment for Ørestad House.
---
Also, NCC will soon have to reveal those hotel plans, they wrote "in 2 weeks" about 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: I see NCC now also has some info about the libeskind masterplan on this website, can be found here.

·
12,320 Posts
tournesol said:
A 200m/54-55 floor hotel tower for Ørestad City!
Great news! Maybe we see a little skyscraper competition between Sweden and Denmark soon, hopefully Norway and Finland will join! :eek:kay:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mlm said:
Would that be the same site as where BIG (or PLOT) has proposed this carpark?

Somehow I always thought this was the site ment for Ørestad House.
---
Yes, that's the site. I've seen this BIG carpark once before, but I think it has nothing to do with this Rambøll project. I wouldn't mind if it has though :)

The Ørestad House site is the one to the left of this BIG project, where the WTC is now comming...

·
Banned
261 Posts
NICE

i like this photo

Copenhagen. The mini Dubai of Scandinavia :D

Do you know where exactly that 200 meter building will stand and when will it be finished?
I hope it not will be to close to the old town.

·
Banned
261 Posts
Nice drawing i like the red color :D. You should be the new architect for the Ørestad. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
It looks like they´ve started construction on VM bjerget

Does anyone have any info on this project?

The only renderings i could find where these, which doesn´t show a whole lot:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I thought I'd better post some links about the big Liebeskind project in Ørestad. It covers a huge area. The plan certainly looks very interesting, and I think this map in particular gives a lot of information about the project (and it's in English):
http://www.ncc.dk/upload/dk/nyt_kontor/pdf/orestad_sitplan.pdf

These two links are also well worth checking out. Both of them with models of the area (but descriptions in Danish):
http://www.orestad.dk/index/erhverv/erhvervsbyggerier/libeskind.htm
http://www.ncc.dk/templates/GenericPage____9885.aspx

1 - 20 of 7101 Posts