SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some nice panoramas from various forumers here, so I though it would be cool to make a "panorama showcase thread".
Also feel free to discusse programs and technics here.

Rules of the thread:
1. Only post panoramas made by you
2. Feel free to post them as large as you want
3. The subject can be whatever you want

Let me start with one I did the other day. I haven't made many, and this is one of my first in a long time.
I've made it with Panorama Factory. It's from a newly made lake outside my hometown Herning (which is not completely finished yet, therefore all the mess on the left side).

Now, show me some panoramas, I know there are some really nice ones;)

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another new one of mine. This one was a bit hard to make look decent, a lot of details got very blurry at first. Again I've used Panorama Factory

The Pano is from the top of this church ("Sankt Johannes Kirken" in Herning):

And the panorama:

·
Registered
498 Posts

Shows Beitostølen ski resort in Norway, where I went with my Boarding school in January.

It's my first pano, so I think it turned out quite succesfull. :)

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice panos guys, thanx for kicking some life in this thread:)

Here's another of mine, also from the outskirts of Herning:

All 3 of mine are made without use of tripod (which can be seen clearly on this last one).

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/\ You make them by taking a series of photos while turning the camera. Make sure each photo overlab the previous one so there's something to stich together. It's also a very good idea to use manual exposure on your camera (and the same exposure for all the photos!!). It's preferable to use a tripod, so you get the right angle all the time, that will make it look better in the end.

After you have your photos (as may as you want) you get a Stiching software. I've best experiences with Panorama Factory, but there's a bunch of others too, also some free ones. You just have to do a few things and then it will create it by itself. It often takes some time to finetune the final panorama, but after a few tries you'll know a lot more. Hope that helps a bit. :)

·
囧!
10,879 Posts
I've made a couple of panos (one vertical pano of Turning Torso for example ;)) with the bundled software you get with Nikon's digicams, and it is quite good in my opinion.

·
Registered
498 Posts
cphdude said:
Oh, okay...sound like to much work for a lazy boy like me..But i was just wondering...
It took me no time to make mine, I just jused some pics I had taken back in January, and put them in to the programm, and it took no time. The programm did all the work. There is a 30 free trial on Panorama Factory.

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
Kaneda said:
It took me no time to make mine, I just jused some pics I had taken back in January, and put them in to the programm, and it took no time. The programm did all the work. There is a 30 free trial on Panorama Factory.
well, after having been without a camera for like, 2 years, i finaly was able to borrow a sony cam from my dads work...But i dont have a tripod and im still getting used to the new cam...

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
staff said:
I've made a couple of panos (one vertical pano of Turning Torso for example ;)) with the bundled software you get with Nikon's digicams, and it is quite good in my opinion.
Then show them please. :)

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kaneda said:
Yep it's quite easy and fast. However, if you want it really good it takes some time. For example if you want to get rid of the "ghost people" at the middle section of your panorama, you'll have to fine tune it. There's a detalied description of how it's done in the Panorama Factory help section. Sometimes it's not really nessesary, but it can also make some panos a lot better.

·
Registered
457 Posts
From what I've seen so far, Christian, Delfin_pl and mlm make the best panoramas in S&B :eek:kay:

Well, here go a couple of mine:

My first ever panorama (in Druskininkai):

A panorama from Swiss Alps (three peaks: Eiger - Mönch - Jungfrau)

The bastion of Vilnius:

Old and modern Vilnius (taken last autumn)

My most recent one from Tallinn:

Btw, a couple of months ago we had an identical thread in the Lithuanian forum: http://tinkle.miestai.net/showthread.php?t=1036 :D

·
12,320 Posts
Great panoramas mlm, Vaidas and all others! I don't have the greatest digital camera yet, but i try my best to create some panoramas using photoshop and some other panorama softwares. This is some images, some good, some less good, but far from the worst i've taken. Perhaps i add some more later.

Leksvik

Evening in Leksvik, image from early july 2005.

From eastern Leksvik. Image taken in july 2005.

My own house in late april 2005.

Trondheim

From the fishing marked and up Munkegata towards Nidarosdomen a early morning in may 2005.

Nidelva with Nedre Elvehavn to the left.

Nedre Elvehavn construction site, with the shopping mall Solsiden to the right.

Italy/Sweitzerland

The church in St Moritz, Sweitzerland a snowy day in april 2005.

Milano skyline from the roof of the catherdal.

From the mountains around Bormio in northern Italy.

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Christian said:
I don't have the greatest digital camera yet...
Maybe you don't have the greatest photo equipment, but the guy behind the camera is surely doing very well. Great panos Christian:eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 321 Posts