Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Is this 'walk of stars' going to be quite short?;)

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont want to make it to long for you scottish folk when you come just incase you get outta breath when you walk it you fat bastards ;)

World Wide celebrities will also be added in addition to local stars. Its located right next to the NIA and Broad Street is the hotbed of Brums after show parties. JT, Destiny Child, Will Smith etc- have all taken time out to walk or party in our entertainment district :nuts:

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Yes, when we pass through Birmingham on the train we marvel at the glimpses we catch of you trim and toned Brummies. Thought they'd need to pad it out some how. I would have found this amusing in any city outside London.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not being funny Flogging, but a couple of your posts lately could be misconstrued quite badly with language and tone.

Give over, it was a joke. Fat Bastards? Blooming hell normal chit chat in the black country and midlands. Even you should know that. Its called joking. I've had a bad day. The youth of this country are fecking dickheads and the day parents get a grip of thier kids and bring them up in a HALF NORMAL manner I might be happy.

I.O.W

... I could'nt give a toss.

·
Michael
889 Posts
Seems everywhere are getting these things now, Sheffield has some added not long ago, but you dont really notice them :p

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Seems everywhere are getting these things now, Sheffield has some added not long ago, but you dont really notice them :p
Shows how unoriginal this is... :bash:.

I've said it before, and I've said it again, what's the point of sticking these into the pavement on Broad Street? We should come with something a lot more original and dynamic than copying another city's idea. I don't know what to suggest right now because it's early in the morning for me and I am yet to make a cup of tea.

I know this is supposed to be a family entertainment district (though seeing it on a Friday night would crush all that's been said about it) but this is just a small addition. Mike Whitby is of course going to twist this and say it will become an internationally renowned tourist attraction, but fact is, after two weeks of it being there, two will have been stolen, all will have been pissed on, most will have chewing embedded in them and a good number will have "KORSA" graffitied into them. It's a recipe for a disaster. And we can't even claim that it's unique to the country when you see Truefitt's post above.

For God Sake Broad Street - be more original! :rant:

·
Proud European
6,474 Posts
They've got one through the centre of Rugby!

Guess what it's about.....?

Hint: Wilkinson, Johnson, Carling, etc etc

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Would Mrs Virdee get a star? I hope she does - a nice big picture of her would be great too.

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
What about Miss Rustie Lee - the celebrity with the biggest laugh?

I saw her in pantomime with Keith Harris & Orville at the Hippodrome when I was about 5 years old.

:pepper: :pepper:

·
0 Posts
This has got to be the cheesiest idea ever..

has Birmingham council really stooped this low???

nothing against Ozzy but don't you think this will end up with chewing gum stuck all over it, the biggest tribute would be a museum of the West Midlands arts.. with a new venue attached.. maybe when the Academy closes and reopens???

1 - 20 of 360 Posts