Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 958 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Blade & The Circle | Plot C Phase 2 | Crown Street | 152/152m | 51/51 fl | Pro

I thought I'd set up a thread so any info coming through can go in here. Saves the Great Jackson Street getting clogged up. We can always change the height at a later date.

Leaflet

Deansgate Square Marketing Suite, Great Jackson Street, 3pm-7pm

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by

On further consideration I think tower next to the E&V will be about 60 storeys, the other 50. This will refocus the gateway slightly, permit an even skyline fall to the East but leave Deansgate South still the development pinnacle.
Any other bets?
I'm thinking it will be the other way round. I was thinking more 57 (2 for podium and increments of 5 and equal spaces between towers rather than up, close and personal), with ET starting as the "shortest" tower (52 floors) and rising to 62.

But I'm not getting my hopes up :lol:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
If it's coffee you want, Mancoco is closer, better, cheaper, and independenter.
Good shout, I do like it there too, it was more appealing to the skyscraper crowd than the coffee crowd. You get good views of the proposal site from up there and to be fair I suspect most would order something a little stronger. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/renaker-readies-designs-for-next-crown-street-skyscrapers/

Renaker Build is moving forward with two 51-storey towers as part of its large-scale redevelopment of Great Jackson Street on the edge of Manchester city centre, including more than 850 apartments.

The two high-rise buildings, designed by SimpsonHaugh, will form the second phase of Renaker’s Crown Street scheme. Between them, the buildings would include 865 apartments, a primary school, with a public park and public car park planned alongside.
I think I'd quite like to see a move away from all glass this time around, some natural looking materials and balconies :)

·
Northwich-Manc
35 Posts
My concern is that the view from old trafford
with the elizerbeth tower at 52 and another two skyscappers at 51 each close by! It could just look abit too regimented soilder fashion! height wise! and as your coming down chester road a big wall!

I was hoping for one at 75 stories and the other at say 28 stories so it breaks it up height wise.

What would be nice at great jackson street would be a building like the Ballymore piccadilly tower "I always considered that to be of great design"

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My concern is that the view from old trafford
with the elizerbeth tower at 52 and another two skyscappers at 51 each close by! It could just look abit too regimented soilder fashion! height wise! and as your coming down chester road a big wall!

I was hoping for one at 75 stories and the other at say 28 stories so it breaks it up height wise.

What would be nice at great jackson street would be a building like the Ballymore piccadilly tower "I always considered that to be of great design"
As oppose to the big wall of four towers DS forms? Seventy five stories has not been approved for the framework. Even those who initially said 60 floors were pushing it.

Lizzy tower is effectively like Piccadilly tower but better.

1 - 20 of 958 Posts