Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is huge interest in Manchester from around the world, where I'm based in Hong Kong investment interest in Manchester is very high. Manchester is definitely seen as the second tier city after London, up and coming, and one of the fastest growing cities in Europe. Its great to see the skyline change with the addition of all these new developments in the pipe line.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I sincerely doubt that there are many people who would suddenly take note of a non-London city purely because it built a taller building than the Shard.
I somewhat disagree. Its more about what it represents, the investment (to both build and buy). It is evident that Manchester is attracting more investment not only locally but also on the international stage. London has always got all the attention and investment, but I think that is slowly changing and cities like Manchester, Birmingham & Liverpool offer opportunities and value for money for investors.

If Manchester was to have the tallest building in the UK it would definitely not go unnoticed, it would most certainty get the attention of investors and attract even more investment. People want to be where the money is. Look at the Shard, when that was complete in 2013 it wasn't considered a very good location and some questioned why build such an iconic building there. But since then its surrounding areas has attracted so much investment and a small cluster of buildings will soon emerge.

In my humble opinion Manchester is definitely emerging as the second tier city / powerhouse after London and this will be even more evident over time. But sadly at the end of the day its not what the people think or say, its where the money flows :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Latest construction update AUG 2021
Set for completion in Q4 2023, construction of the building’s basement and ground levels is underway. The concrete core to the lift shafts are complete to Level 3, with basement slabs complete and suspended slabs in progress to Ground Level. The next steps are completing Ground Level and commencing Level 1 at the end of July. Construction of the carpark ramp will also commence over the next few weeks, as well as the blockwork to the carpark levels in readiness for the plantroom installation.

Next steps -
Over the next month, the concrete frame will rise at one floor per week. The cladding installation will commence in October-November, following a few floors behind the rising frame. Renaker’s approach is incredibly time efficient, as unlike typical developments, they don’t have to wait for the frame to be complete before cladding commences. The internal fit out of the lower floors will commence before the end of the year. Full mechanical services installation in the basement is due to commence imminently and will progress at pace over the next 2-3 months.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does it mention a website or email?
No details / nothing mentioned, just that it will be launched soon.
I think Select Property have been focusing their efforts on selling the Blade and now with that nearly 80% sold out, it will soon be time to release and start selling THREE60.
I guess from a sales strategy its a smart way to do it, focus on one development at a time to maximise impact / interest / momentum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wasn't Blade launched before Viadux? Also different company.
Yes correct, blade launched first. But just in general I think the blade has had a stronger response.
It was strange though because Viadux started advertising & selling even before they made those amendments and added the swimming pool. I must say the changes are a good addition and have definitely elevated their project but this should have been properly thought out before launch (unless there were unknow reasons behind the scenes which we were not aware of that prevented them mentioning at the time?). 🤷‍♂️ Anyways, that will also be an amazing project now once complete!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was seriously considering to purchase a flat at 360 but after studying the floor plans in detail had reservations. The size of the flats are good, however the usable / useful area isn't the most efficient in my opinion. Some of the apartments are better than others but in general because of the buildings shape there are lots of long corridors in the bedrooms and the actual bed space not so large.
However, having said that I'm sure this will be a fantastic project and those who have brought will not be let down. I've got my eye on Plot G (if it goes ahead), looking forward to see that proposal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This will be a beauty!
According to their last update we should start seeing some cladding soon -

'Over the next month, the concrete frame will rise at one floor per week. The cladding installation will commence in October-November, following a few floors behind the rising frame'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts