Skyscraper City Forum banner
921 - 940 of 952 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Terrific photo. I'm a bit baffled by just how small the floor plan is for the circle, assuming that circumference we can see will be just that. Those apartments are going to be tiny!
The circumference of the rising floorplates will be wider than the ground floor , as they will extend over supporting columns , was discussed on previous pages

·
Registered
574 Posts
But it's the same with houses. The floorplans always look tiny when the foundations have been done and the first bricks are being laid.
Some kind of optical illusion?
Very true actually. I recall walking around Castlefield in late 1997 when the foundations for The Wharf pub were finished.
They looked no bigger than an average house, and I wondered how small the pub was going to be..

·
10th February 2008
61,637 Posts

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Sure mentioned already but the Blade, to some extent, and the Circle, will reflect sun light all day long. The glint should be a moveable feast for the eyes. Should it be sunny.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
This will be a beauty!
According to their last update we should start seeing some cladding soon -

'Over the next month, the concrete frame will rise at one floor per week. The cladding installation will commence in October-November, following a few floors behind the rising frame'.
Where's this update from?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sure mentioned already but the Blade, to some extent, and the Circle, will reflect sun light all day long. The glint should be a moveable feast for the eyes. Should it be sunny.
The best time for the sun’s reflection is approaching sunset in my experience. Those deep red reflections are amazing. At other times of the day, I don’t think they are that obvious TBH, or perhaps we don’t have that many sunny days make comparisons.

921 - 940 of 952 Posts