SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
history craver
569 Posts
Charlotte is in the Top 10.
I know....he left out several Southern cities. Charlotte: #6, Virginia Beach: #11 and Nashville: #21.

There are several Southern cities on the mid-size cities list including Plano, Raleigh and Durham...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I fixed it? I didn't include the cities that weren't on that first graph, except for Raleigh. I have no idea how they figured Wichita bigger than Raleigh. Shows you how much you should really care about this ranking.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
For some reason I am having trouble considering Arlington or Plano a city. Hell I'm actually more inclined to consider Plano a city than I am Arlington. Plano is NICE, even for a well-informed new urbanist. It's no wonder Fort Worth and Dallas rank so lowly since they stripped them of all of their overgrown suburbs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't know if any one realized in the medium cities but they separated Raleigh and Durham and that is probably why they did not make large city status. However Raleigh's population( city limits only no CSA or MSA stuff) now makes it the 48th largest city in the nation. I presume they were using old population numbers. The census buerau stated that RDU, Seattle, and Washington DC has the highest brainpower in the nation based on the concentration of people with graduate degrees or higher.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Isn't RDU the airport?

...and I'm not impressed by Washington D.C. Our government might consist of a bunch of college grads but all they ever do in the District of Columbia is screw stuff up.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
^You're the one that sends them up there to screw up in the first place. ;)

·
Love me, love my dog...
3,075 Posts
Isn't RDU the airport?

...and I'm not impressed by Washington D.C. Our government might consist of a bunch of college grads but all they ever do in the District of Columbia is screw stuff up.

RDU is the airport acronym, but I've also seen it used as an abbreviation for Raleigh-Durham.

·
Registered
841 Posts
^You're the one that sends them up there to screw up in the first place. ;)
To some degree that's true, but to a larger degree it's not. The only Washington politicians I've ever voted for were Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and former President Clinton. From a presidential perspective I didn't mind the job Clinton did. It was his personal life that screwed up his presidency more than anything else. And in retrospect some mistakes were being made.

More recently, I voted for Kerry last presidential election. He never quite made it to Washington. And honestly, that was more of a vote against Bush than it was for Kerry. I would've voted for a monkey if it had been running against Bush last time.

P.S. I'm actually more of a conservative at heart. Problem is, all the conservatives suck, and have for a long time. Ron Paul was the only true conservative in the primary, and everyone made a joke of his platform. They'd rather have McCain, a democrat in republican's clothing, be their candidate.

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,576 Posts
Does education equate with smarts?
Many a time I feel education stiffles our creativity.
Why Bill Gates and Sir Richard Branson are a success. They were not "educated" enough to talk themselves out of trying new things.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts