SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Canada crane count

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Yellow Fever 
#1 ·
After watching the Calgary crane thread for a few years, I thought we could expand on the idea from coast to coast. Im looking forwards to seeing the different locations and I know I will be surprised with the actual count on cranes in specific cities, or suburbs and even Neighborhoods to that as well.

I live in West Surrey ( 10 blocks from Delta ), so for this location I can think of 4, I believe. I will confirm & add pics to that effect later today, & yes I know the cranes Im showing above are not from the GVRD, no need to point that out.

See less See more
#5 ·
I was in Montreal last weekend and was surprised to see the skyline full of cranes. They don't get enough of a showing around here. I didn't bring my camera and I was only there over night so no pics sorry.

Question for any Montreal forumer. You have some great stuff going up in the core but I noticed most of the residential u/c aren't constructed with poured concrete walls. Is it customary to just build condos without any permanent barrier between units? It seems like a fire hazard as well as a sound barrier problem.

#8 ·
Concrete highrises. I should have snapped some pictures. It seems all of the condos I saw u/c were being built without concrete barrier walls between units.

:bash:

It's hard to tell from this image I found but all the condos by my hotel in Griffontown just had the floor slabs and elevator/stair shafts in poured concrete. Interior walls were just metal frames and insulation.

http://m0.i.pbase.com/g2/59/703659/2/148793300.mTuHI7pG.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.