1,781 Posts
#CAIRO CAPITAL NEW TERMINAL

Info
Type: Transportation Hub
Year: 2019
Plot Area: 160 FD / 672, 000 M2
Client: Ministry of Transportation

Project Summary
The new connected city will help citizens in their daily routine to go anywhere without worrying about being late because of traffic jam. The new capital solved this complicated problem through creating a new terminal with connected transportation to help citizens by creating flexibility and easiness in everyday practices, the new terminal project encompasses all facets of terminal planning. From classifying existing facilities to establishing terminal layouts and operational concepts for capable use of assess within the terminal (commercial facilities, entertainment, and shopping) our goal is to enhance the function of terminal buildings and guaranteeing long-term utilization and transportation.

·
bishoui
1,781 Posts
An U/C station near the cathedral, if I understood things correctly this is a stop for the "electric train".
so this station is different to the capital terminal as far as I can tell ... as such #Capital 3 Station | Light Rail Train LRT | 5 Acres | U/C

it seems the LRT line will feature more stations that initially planned .. as far as I can tell there going to be a total of 4 LRT stations now in NAC alone

1.NAC Station 1 ------ will serve Mostakbal city, Sports city, R20 and presidential complex (northern section)

2.NAC Station 2 ------ multi-modal (LRT+monorail) ---- will serve opera, downtown, ministerial district, banking district
#Transportation Hub | Capital 2 Station | LRT &amp...

3.NAC Station 3 ------ will serve the Nativity Cathedral, R7, Expo city, Medical city
#Capital 3 Station | Light Rail Train LRT | 5 Acres | U/C

4.NAC Station 4 ------ multi-modal (LRT+ Alamein-Sukhna High-speed Rail) ---- will serve the Olympic district, Octagon and HSR
#The Capital Terminal | Proposed

@minymina @Azmat I suggest we change this thread's title to
#The Capital Terminal | Capital 4 Station | LRT & HST | 160 Acres | Approved

·
bishoui
1,781 Posts
I knew I could trust you to find out what was going on. 😁 Changed the title.
haha got super uber confused yesterday as to whats LRT HST BRT or monorail 🙁🤯 .. and whats metro and whats not haha down the rabbit hole
found the thread by @al-numbers on LRT quite helpful along with few articles discussing the new extensions that put things roughly on maps
I mean there are still some inaccuracies and/or discrepancies between the articles (like how NAC1 or NAC2 will serve the sports city which is 7 and 5 miles away respectively! or how NAC 3,4 will serve the octagon!) ... nonetheless this here seems to be the truth for now

this confusion here with the terminal vs the transportation hub is very reminiscent of how sports city and Olympic city were in a muddle before we figure them out

·
23,862 Posts
haha got super uber confused yesterday as to whats LRT HST BRT or monorail 🙁🤯 .. and whats metro and whats not haha down the rabbit hole
found the thread by @al-numbers on LRT quite helpful along with few articles discussing the new extensions that put things roughly on maps
I mean there are still some inaccuracies and/or discrepancies between the articles (like how NAC1 or NAC2 will serve the sports city which is 7 and 5 miles away respectively! or how NAC 3,4 will serve the octagon!) ... nonetheless this here seems to be the truth for now

this confusion here with the terminal vs the transportation hub is very reminiscent of how sports city and Olympic city were in a muddle before we figure them out
Don't know what we'd do without you, I have no doubt that this section is currently the most extensive online source for projects in the new capital (be it in Arabic or English).

·
bishoui
1,781 Posts
update: new maps show a fifth LRT station now to serve the Octagon ( marked 4) this will lie between the cathedral station and the HST-LRT terminal station
wouldn't be surprised to see the sixth station between station 1 and 2, to serve the sports city, as was vaguely alluded to by one of the articles
anyway in the meantime I suggest to correct the title accordingly

1 - 20 of 30 Posts