Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,787 Posts
They (9/today) introduced a local news element for Perth to try (goodluck) and curb the infatuation Perth has with 7, an attempt to poach viewers from Kochie and elevate 9's profile here. It seems pointless as most people would catch the headlines in the radio going to work or online anyway. Sunrise doesnt even need to try the same thing, Perth and most capital cities prefer Sunrise who have been killing Today in ratings lately. From the bits and pieces I see I think the Today crew seem too fake, just saying.

·
Registered
12,787 Posts
Those shows arent really about news anyway and i think the live news bulletins arent working for that very reason while weather and sport is as up to date as it can be in the morning basically. People are still watching Sunrise and the tabloid/entertainment fluff doesnt matter if its a couple of hours delayed. Perth gets enough live news updates through the day and evening as every state does and also ABC News 24 live across the country. I imagine people wanting real news in the morning would get it live on ABC News Breakfast apart from the Internet/radio etc. And that goes for across Australia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts