SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is the thread that you've probably been waiting on.

sux. right?

okay, here we go.

no lables again. ask if you wanna know something about a photo or an area. nobody ever really reads them anyway.

kthanx.
kbye.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Very nice, Style!

I dig it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Awesome pics...I really need to get a new camera...but here are some photos that I took:::

Check out how massive the A340 is in comparison to the NetJet

And the A340 as compared to the A321

The BofA Trio

Great day...great lighting...

Nice sunset with Spencer Mountain in the background.

This is what the glass looks like from the other side

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Lakelander, the current line runs along South Blvd, from Uptown to suburban Pineville. Not sure when a line running to the airport is set to be built.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
nice pics. i even saw an old building. ;)

-

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Lakelander said:
Great pics. Will the light rail line connect downtown directly with the airport?
They have yet to make a decision on the Airport line...they will decide to build either Bus Rapid Transit or Streetcar to the Airport. In either case they will not go directly to the Airport Terminal...but they will go to the airport property and then people would transfer to the Airport Shuttle to get to the terminal.

The BRT vs Streetcar decision will be made this summer.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
uptownliving said:
They have yet to make a decision on the Airport line...they will decide to build either Bus Rapid Transit or Streetcar to the Airport. In either case they will not go directly to the Airport Terminal...but they will go to the airport property and then people would transfer to the Airport Shuttle to get to the terminal.

The BRT vs Streetcar decision will be made this summer.
Sorry for asking - why on earth would they not connect to the terminal? Would it be due to some possible new construction that would in the future connect to the terminal? I believe the key concern for connecting transit to the airport is to provide a seamless transition from baggage to transit. There may have also been a similar issue regarding Seattle's light rail connection to their airport.

Otherwise - it would also seem BRT would make the most likely transit choice - streetcar would be too slow wouldn't it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Its about time you took some photos :)

they're great, and it looks like the light rail system is moving along nicely. thanks for sharing!

·
Banned
108 Posts
The airport master plan includes its own people mover system and the streetcar line/BRT suppose to connect to it, however the airport master plan has changed greatly.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
TheBrad said:
Otherwise - it would also seem BRT would make the most likely transit choice - streetcar would be too slow wouldn't it?
Oh yeah, you don't want to go to the airport on a streetcar. BRT would be the sensible option there.

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the people mover has been done away with from what uptown told me. the system of buses they have there is rather efficent, it is just odd to have to rely on it. i think it should go right into the terminal, but what do i know?

also, no LRT. LRT is too expensive for that line (it has been determined). i personally think streetcar for the sake of having rails.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think the BRT in the median with signal priority would be the best option at this time...it would be much faster than streetcar...and would make the possibility of LRT a lot easier in the future because the BRT right of way could easily be changed to support LRT....that can't be done for street car as it would run in mixed traffic.

I think the main reason they are not running a streetcar all the way to the terminal is because it most likely would have to be built on a bridge from the current end point to the terminal....and that would be hard to justify cost wise.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts