Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Clockworks | Moss Side
Residential | South Manchester

Website: https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/work-to-start-clockworks-development

Thread: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=139968420

Basic information

• Nearest transport:

• Address: Land To The North Of 95 Princess Road Bounded By Princess Road, Raby Street, Barnhill Street And Great Western Street Manchester

Detailed information
  • Architect:

• Floors: Part 4, 5 & 6

• Number of apartments: 105

• Developer: Galliford Try

A planning application has been submitted for The Clockworks. It can be viewed here.

116831/FO/2017 | Erection of part four, part five and part six-storey building to form 105no. two-bedroom apartments, including fourth floor roof-top external amenity space, 73no. in site car parking spaces, and 6no. car parking spaces on Raby Street, erection of sub-station, boundary treatment and landscaping, following demolition of existing structures

Groundworks now well underway at this scheme on Princess Parkway:

As you can see the hand car wash had now gone. This is from the rear of the site- see Deansgate Square to the right hand side of the image in the distance.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
^^They look like mobile cranes to me GShutty :) I only count tower cranes
Fair enough, that’s really why I didn’t report them earlier, but this said they’ve been permanently erected and in place for about 3months, so surely they’ve made the grade now?! Your shout, They’ve probably run out of tower cranes again :lol:

·
Registered
26,725 Posts
Fair enough, that’s really why I didn’t report them earlier, but this said they’ve been permanently erected and in place for about 3months, so surely they’ve made the grade now?! Your shout, They’ve probably run out of tower cranes again :lol:
Sorry I meant to say thank you for taking the picture earlier as well. I’ve just re read my post and was shocked at how rude I sound.

The only reason for not counting cranes like this is consistency. Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham forumers all do crane counts for their respective cities and they too only count tower cranes. It’s just about keeping a level playing field, really.

Cranes like these really are a grey area between tower cranes and mobile cranes

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Brick cladding now being applied: It was taken through a red mesh gate, but this gives a reasonable impression of the colour, which should look good IMHO: :cheers:

Clockworks (1) by G Shuttleworth, on Flickr

A better view of the static crane for VDB, to see if it/both can make the list and push us towards 75 cranes :nuts: :lol:

Clockworks (2) by G Shuttleworth, on Flickr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.