SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Club

Atterbury Property's new Head office will be housed in The Club in Hazelwood, Pretoria. Located across the road from the Pretoria Country Club and also close to the new Garsfontein offramp to the N1 motorway, this development is positioned in a prime Pretoria area. Exclusive in the Waterkloof and Brooklyn suburbs, The Club is destined to become a well-known and enviable landmark.

The R100 million Phase 1 will consist of a 4 500m² building of which Atterbury as well as other companies such as Design Partnership will occupy space. A total of 1 000m² of this area will be allocated to restaurants and already tenants such as Pachas, Ocean Basket and Tashas Café have been secured.

Phase 1 forms part of a bigger mixed use development that also includes a 25 000m² shopping centre to be known as The Club. Phase 1 development of the Club will commence in a month's time and is expected to be completed in mid 2010. Additional office development and the shopping centre will take place in 2011/2012.

CONSTRUCTION STATUS: Reeaally ugly previous building completely demolished :banana:

LOCATION: Cnr.Brooklyn / Albert str. (Right accross Pta Country Club)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yummy!! Putting the rounded fronts in as was the P&O Deco and 60's style is really coming back in. Delicious..

·
Lawyer
124 Posts
Oh that is awesome! :D It's going to be brilliant in that spot. The previous building was hideous!

I'm just wondering where they are planning the 25 000m2 shopping centre... That would imply that some more buildings in the area would be torn down, because it would definitely not fit onto the open plot that is there now.

Pretoria is seriously on the up. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are indeed demolishing more buildings... I only saw it yesterday. Accross Albert Road, next to Ultra Liquors there's one quickly going earthwards... :bash:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry to report, but there is no progress on this one. The site is cleared, but no activity what so ever at the moment...

·
Registered
212 Posts
The site is cleared and ground work started, but no current activity on the building site.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Construction has started. There is a crane up, the road is closed and ground work is being done. It looks promising...

·
Registered
212 Posts
This development has topped out a while back. They will most probably soon start with the fascade. Its a bit out of my way, but I will try to get some pictures one or other time. Phase 1 is currently under construction and is expected to be completed by mid 2011. Phase 2 is to commence at a later stage. Here is a few more renders that I found on Atterbury's website:

http://atterbury.co.za/club.aspx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A few nice pictures of the now completed Club One:

Phase 2 well underway...

And some major work still beeing done...

Reactions: Pule
1 - 20 of 24 Posts