SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blop !

What about a thread to post and discuss ugly, kitschy and odd architecture of Morocco?

As there is a lot of bad architecture in our country, I would suggest that we keep this thread only for big, distinctive buildings,
so please, do not post houses and apartments here, we wouldn't stop if we start posting them.

When posting a building, please, tell us (if it is possible) why do you consider it bad? like exposing its bad choice of materials, or the style used to build it, etc...

Let's start, I feel this is going to be fun!

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will begin with a recent building in my beloved city, the new Wilaya HQ in Oujda:

The new Wilaya par The-s, sur Flickr

I don't know what did they wanted to build, a modern building? a classic one? or a mixture of both?
Anyway, it's badly designed, with the asymmetrical façades, the poor finishing works (especially in the cylindrical part which is visible in the picture above), and the poor colours choice.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I dont think this building is ugly. It is OK, a neutral "modern public moroccan" style.
A green roof, adult trees would change the face of the building.
The only thing thats seems odd to me is the cylindric part. It could easily be transformed into something else (with a coverage of panels with traditional decoration).
I would give it 6.5/10.

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I respect your opinion, but, for me and especially when it comes to public buildings, I'm very severe. This building is for me, oddly ugly.

I wish that you'll see it in real. (who knows, maybe you'll change your opinion).

·
17,076 Posts

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
La partie haute et basse le rendent un peu bizarre, il aura été bien, si la partie médiane englobait tout le bâtiment. On aurait droit dès lors à un bâtiment art-déco.

Mais ça reste passable, comparé à ce que je vais poster :laugh:

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another curious building is located in Sale, and it is also a public building, The prefecture HQ:

Préfecture de Salé à Hay Salam

Mixing traditional architecture with modern elements is always a delicate exercise,
but mixing it with cheap materials like in this example, always result in a kitschy building. Look at the god damn windows... :doh:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
@ The-S : Ca va pour le 1er batiment que tu as posté, tu as été un peu trop sévère avec quand même. Mise à part la partie cylindrique comme ont relevé D K et CasaMor, le reste est plutôt pas mal. 6.5/10 pour ma part.

Tout les autres batîments sont moches, avec mention spéciale pour le théâtre jaune là : dégueulasse :puke:

@ CasaMor : Tu es dur avec les batiments de la Costa Del Sol toi :lol: Pourquoi ils te plaisent pas ?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.