SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited Auschwitz-Birkenau and this are the pics i have taken.

The estimated number of murdered people in Auschwitz-Birkenau is 1.1mio. To get an idea of how much it is i made the following picture.
Every pixel stands for one person. Every line stands for 100 people. The first lines i have drawn standing for 1.000 people.

·
15,844 Posts
Very somber yet perfect pictures. Thank you very much for that!

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,142 Posts
Beautiful Photography and i love the cloud formations :) stay healthy Tom Green because a few decades down the line you should visit Palestine and create volume 2.

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
Beautiful Photography and i love the cloud formations :) stay healthy Tom Green because a few decades down the line you should visit Palestine and create volume 2.
A rather scummy thing to say, what a shock. :lol:

Nice photos Tom. They capurted the mood very well.

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,142 Posts
nomar i wont stoop to your level of insulting people and calling them scum :)

"enjoy" your life ;)

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Very well photographed.

The image where the rail ends seems to symbolize the end of people's lifes.

I just visited the Anne Frank museum last week. This series evokes the same feelings.

·
Virtual Architect
2,532 Posts
Stunning photography - deeply moving place. I plan to visit Poland in August and I'm still deciding whether to go to Auschwitz-Birkenau. As a place that signifies the very worst of humanity I feel I probably should experience it, even if the whole place repulses me. Thks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
rubbish

bow down you stupid muslim.

·
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
Hui Wäller? Allemol!
2,618 Posts
Great and thought-provoking thread! Thx, Tom!

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,142 Posts
rubbish

bow down you stupid muslim.
Its ok , I understand fully where all the rage and anger is coming from. I felt so upset and angry when those people went into those towers in the US and claimed it was in the name of islam. So i could only imagine what you and others like you might be feeling and going through.

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
nomar i wont stoop to your level of insulting people and calling them scum :)

"enjoy" your life ;)
Again your reading comprehension leaves one wanting. I called your words scummy which they indeed were.
Anyway, I don't have to take a cue on manners or morality from a person who eagerly anticipate the killing of masses of people. Then you whine why people of our ilk get such a reputation for nastiness. :eek:hno:

It is for others to weight how crude your remark was and how selflishly inappropriate it was to use such a thread to vent your hate and to wish others dead.

·
18,522 Posts
Beautiful but chilling. It's amazing what people are willing to do to one another simply because they view another as "different" or "wrong". Thank you, Tom for sharing these excellent photos.

Yet having just viewed these harrowing photos, someone is spreading hate towards different ethnic/religious groups. It just goes to show that we never learn from our past mistakes. :eek:hno:

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,142 Posts
Again your reading comprehension leaves one wanting. I called your words scummy which they indeed were.
Anyway, I don't have to take a cue on manners or morality from a person who eagerly anticipate the killing of masses of people. Then you whine why people of our ilk get such a reputation for nastiness. :eek:hno:

It is for others to weight how crude your remark was and how selflishly inappropriate it was to use such a thread to vent your hate and to wish others dead.
Nomar Nomar Nomar :) it is so easy to make something up about someone , but actually expecting people to believe you is a totally different thing :)

I aspire to the killing of people ? :lol: ....and where on earth did you conclude that i am hating or wishing others dead ... then again i guess when someone is cornered they tend to lash out and blurt out bullcrap.

have a nice day Nomar.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts