SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1147 Posts

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been meaning to start this thread all year. anyone hear of a
latest star or well known celeb to pass on to the perly gates please send regards here.

heres a site where they have guesses
http://www.deathlist.net/

Yesterday Get Smarts DON ADAMS died. He was 82. He was unreal as agent 86.

-------------------------------

Classic TV Stars Who Died in 2005

So far in 2005, the following television celebrities have died.
January

Johnny Carson - What can you say about Johnny Carson. He was an icon!

Ruth Warrick - Soap star, appeared on TV series "Father of the Bride" in the 1960s. Played Hannah on "Peyton Place."

Beverly Dennis - A regular performer on "The Red Buttons Show."

February

Ossie Davis - Played MLK Senior on the mini series "King" in 1978. Co-Host of "Ossie and Ruby." Played Oz Jackson on "B.L. Stryker" in 1989. Played Ponder Blue on "Evening Shade." Plus, over 50 guest starring roles on notable classic TV series.

Brian Kelly - Played Brian on the late 1950s series "21 Beacon Street." Played Scott Ross in the 1960s series "Straightaway." Played Porter Ricks on "Flipper."

Dan O'Herlihy - Had over 80 notable guest starring roles in television. Was in the following series, "The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters," "The Long, Hot Summer," " Colditz," and "A Man Called Sloane" to name a few.

March

Teresa Wright - Had over 50 notable guest starring roles on TV series. Was on "Guiding Light."

Barney Martin - Jack Terwilliger on "The Tony Randall Show," Morty Seinfeld on "Seinfeld."

Greg Garrison - Classic TV director. Directed shows like "Milton Berle," "Bachelor Father," "The Dean Martin Show," and many more.

Paul Henning - Classic TV producer. Produced many shows like "Bob Cummings Show," "Beverly Hillbillies," "Petticoat Junction," "Green Acres." Composed "Beverly Hillbillies" theme song.

April

Debralee Scott - Cathy Shumway on "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" and "Forever Fernwood." Marie Falco on "Angie." Rosalie 'Hotsy' Totsy on "Welcome Back Kotter."

Mason Adams - Charles 'Charlie' Hume on the 1970s series "Lou Grant." Dr. Frank Prescott on "Another World" in 1976.

May

Frank Gorshin - The Riddler on "Batman."

Elisabeth Fraser - Sgt. Joan Hogan on "The Phil Silvers Show", Hazel Norris on "Fibber McGee and Molly" and numerous guest appearances on classic TV series.

Henry Corden - Voice of Fred Flintstone and other classic cartoon characters.

Howard Morris- Ernest T. Bass on "The Andy Griffith Show" as well as many Hanna Barbera cartoon character voices.

Thurl Ravenscroft - Voice of Tony the Tiger on TV Commercials.

Stephen Elliott - Scotty Demarest on "Dallas" and Douglas Channing on "Falcon Crest."

Eddie Albert - Oliver Douglas on "Green Acres"

J.D. Cannon - Many classic TV show guest roles. Played Peter B. Clifford on "McCloud."

June

Leon Askin - General Burkhalter on "Hogan's Heroes."

Anne Bancroft - Known most for movie role on "The Graduate" but also many classic TV show guest roles.

Ed Bishop - Many guest roles on classic TV series. Voices on "Star Trek" series.

Dana Elcar - Pete Thornton on "MacGyver," "Baretta," and over 100 guest roles on TV series.

Lane Smith - Guest roles but known for his role on "Lois and Clark: the New Adventures of Superman." You may not know the name but you'd recognize the face right away.

Paul Winchell - Voice of Tigger and other animated characters.

John Fiedler - Voice of Piglet and other animated characters. Also appeared on "The Bob Newhart Show."

Richard Whiteley - Game show host

July

Joseph Harnell - Composer for shows like "The Incredible Hulk" and "Bionic Woman."

Kevin Hagen - Dr. Baker on "Little House on the Prairie," John Colton on "Yancy Derringer."

James Doohan - Scotty on "Star Trek," Phil Mitchell on "Space Command"

August

Peter Jennings - News Anchor - "ABC Evening News" 1965, notable guest roles on various classic TV series.

Barbara Bel Geddes - Miss Ellie on "Dallas." Various guest roles on classic TV series.

Brock Peters - Dr. Bellows #1 on 1965 "As the World Turns." Ab Decker on "Roots" mini-series.

september

Bob Denver - Gilligan on "Gilligan's Island," Maynard on "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis."

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Lol - can we deduce from this that you watch a lot of TV?

:)

CULWULLA said:
Ive been meaning to start this thread all year. anyone hear of a
latest star or well known celeb to pass on to the perly gates please send regards here.

heres a site where they have guesses
http://www.deathlist.net/

Yesterday Get Smarts DON ADAMS died. He was 82. He was unreal as agent 86.

-------------------------------

Classic TV Stars Who Died in 2005

So far in 2005, the following television celebrities have died.
January

Johnny Carson - What can you say about Johnny Carson. He was an icon!

Ruth Warrick - Soap star, appeared on TV series "Father of the Bride" in the 1960s. Played Hannah on "Peyton Place."

Beverly Dennis - A regular performer on "The Red Buttons Show."

February

Ossie Davis - Played MLK Senior on the mini series "King" in 1978. Co-Host of "Ossie and Ruby." Played Oz Jackson on "B.L. Stryker" in 1989. Played Ponder Blue on "Evening Shade." Plus, over 50 guest starring roles on notable classic TV series.

Brian Kelly - Played Brian on the late 1950s series "21 Beacon Street." Played Scott Ross in the 1960s series "Straightaway." Played Porter Ricks on "Flipper."

Dan O'Herlihy - Had over 80 notable guest starring roles in television. Was in the following series, "The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters," "The Long, Hot Summer," " Colditz," and "A Man Called Sloane" to name a few.

March

Teresa Wright - Had over 50 notable guest starring roles on TV series. Was on "Guiding Light."

Barney Martin - Jack Terwilliger on "The Tony Randall Show," Morty Seinfeld on "Seinfeld."

Greg Garrison - Classic TV director. Directed shows like "Milton Berle," "Bachelor Father," "The Dean Martin Show," and many more.

Paul Henning - Classic TV producer. Produced many shows like "Bob Cummings Show," "Beverly Hillbillies," "Petticoat Junction," "Green Acres." Composed "Beverly Hillbillies" theme song.

April

Debralee Scott - Cathy Shumway on "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" and "Forever Fernwood." Marie Falco on "Angie." Rosalie 'Hotsy' Totsy on "Welcome Back Kotter."

Mason Adams - Charles 'Charlie' Hume on the 1970s series "Lou Grant." Dr. Frank Prescott on "Another World" in 1976.

May

Frank Gorshin - The Riddler on "Batman."

Elisabeth Fraser - Sgt. Joan Hogan on "The Phil Silvers Show", Hazel Norris on "Fibber McGee and Molly" and numerous guest appearances on classic TV series.

Henry Corden - Voice of Fred Flintstone and other classic cartoon characters.

Howard Morris- Ernest T. Bass on "The Andy Griffith Show" as well as many Hanna Barbera cartoon character voices.

Thurl Ravenscroft - Voice of Tony the Tiger on TV Commercials.

Stephen Elliott - Scotty Demarest on "Dallas" and Douglas Channing on "Falcon Crest."

Eddie Albert - Oliver Douglas on "Green Acres"

J.D. Cannon - Many classic TV show guest roles. Played Peter B. Clifford on "McCloud."

June

Leon Askin - General Burkhalter on "Hogan's Heroes."

Anne Bancroft - Known most for movie role on "The Graduate" but also many classic TV show guest roles.

Ed Bishop - Many guest roles on classic TV series. Voices on "Star Trek" series.

Dana Elcar - Pete Thornton on "MacGyver," "Baretta," and over 100 guest roles on TV series.

Lane Smith - Guest roles but known for his role on "Lois and Clark: the New Adventures of Superman." You may not know the name but you'd recognize the face right away.

Paul Winchell - Voice of Tigger and other animated characters.

John Fiedler - Voice of Piglet and other animated characters. Also appeared on "The Bob Newhart Show."

Richard Whiteley - Game show host

July

Joseph Harnell - Composer for shows like "The Incredible Hulk" and "Bionic Woman."

Kevin Hagen - Dr. Baker on "Little House on the Prairie," John Colton on "Yancy Derringer."

James Doohan - Scotty on "Star Trek," Phil Mitchell on "Space Command"

August

Peter Jennings - News Anchor - "ABC Evening News" 1965, notable guest roles on various classic TV series.

Barbara Bel Geddes - Miss Ellie on "Dallas." Various guest roles on classic TV series.

Brock Peters - Dr. Bellows #1 on 1965 "As the World Turns." Ab Decker on "Roots" mini-series.

september

Bob Denver - Gilligan on "Gilligan's Island," Maynard on "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis."

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, actally i dont watch much anymore. im either on forum with tv in background or drawing/writing ect.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Didn't Gilligan just recently die, earlier this month or something.

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Richard Pryor died yesterday. i thought he died years ago?

Comedian Richard Pryor dead at 65
Richard Pryor
Nothing was off limits for Richard Pryor
Groundbreaking black US comedian Richard Pryor has died after almost 20 years with multiple sclerosis.

He died at the age of 65 of a heart attack at Encino hospital near Los Angeles, his wife Jennifer Pryor said.

A series of hit comedies in the 1970s and 1980s - including Stir Crazy and Silver Streak - helped make him one of Hollywood's highest-paid stars.

He blazed a trail for black performers, earning enough clout to negotiate his own deals in Hollywood.

A five-year contract with Columbia Pictures in 1983 earned him $40m (£23m).

Foul-mouthed

But he first came to prominence as a pioneering stand-up comic.

His uncompromising, foul-mouthed brand of humour focused on his personal insights into modern life and race relations.

"I live in racist America and I'm uneducated, yet a lot of people love me and like what I do, and I can make a living from it. You can't do much better than that," he said.

HAVE YOUR SAY
He could make you laugh so hard that it hurt
James, Warrenton

In quotes: Richard Pryor
Send us your tributes

His comedy influenced black artists such as Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall and Damon Wayans, as well as Robin Williams, David Letterman and others.

His health also became material for his stand-up routines.

In 1992 he asked an audience: "Is there a doctor in the audience?"

Finally, when a hand went up, he said: "Doctor, I need to know one thing. What the [expletive deleted] is MS?"

The condition he wanted described is a degenerative disease of the nervous system.

In 1995, he played an embittered multiple sclerosis patient in an episode of TV series Chicago Hope. The role earned him an Emmy nomination as best guest actor in a drama series.

'I got greedy'

He also became addicted to drugs and alcohol.

In 1980, he suffered serious burns over about half his body when he set himself on fire while freebasing cocaine - dissolving it over a flame and inhaling the fumes.

He later said the incident was actually a suicide attempt.

But he later incorporated the event into his routine, joking that igniting yourself "sobers you up pretty fast".

He admitted that some of his later films were weaker than his earlier ones.

"I didn't think Brewster's Millions [1985] was good to begin with," he said. "I'm sorry, but they offered us the money. I was a pig, I got greedy."

He followed that film with the autobiographical work Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life is calling, which he also directed and co-wrote.

His wife Jennifer said he was not in pain when he died.

"He did not suffer, he went quickly and at the end there was a smile on his face," she said.

"I'm honoured now that I have an opportunity to protect and continue his legacy because he's a very, very, very amazing man and he opened doors to so many people."

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this thread is about performers or stars that have conrtibuted there life to stage/screen ect. this thread isnt about stars splitting up or relationships/
i think we all know the sad situation in Africa or India or Vietnam with the starving children.
Did you want me to start a thread on starving children? maybe you can.

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KERRY PACKER-aged 68.

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good bye PRO HART aged 77.outback artist

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Lol - how did a skyscraper forum forget to put this guy in this thread?

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ i concur.
GENE PITNEY died suddenly today age 65 on his UK tour.

1 - 20 of 1147 Posts