SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 200 of 1178 Posts

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts

Iconic 80's movie director John Hughes has died from a heart attack.

He directed such films as The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Uncle Buck, Weird Science and more.

His films were great, and really captured what hell High School and teenage life can be.

Here's a cool little montage someone from Youtube has done on his films. I might watch Ferris Bueller tonight out of respect.

·
Registered
75,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

·
Registered
75,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
^terrible.
the only kennedy to see old age has died
ted Kennedy -aged 77

·
Registered
75,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
^what legends. i was lucky to grow up wtaching the leyland bros adventures. such great indepth visits to outback towns and landmarks ect. really interesting. paved way for future programs such as getaway,croc hunter ect.

·
Registered
75,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
^thats sad. so young. he was a great actor.

·
Registered
75,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
only my gen may of heard of CLUB VEG.?
3mmm djs vic davies and mal lees. they ruled ratings in the decade of 90;s. really talented guys.
they folded in 2002 and went separate ways. vic davies actually come up central coast.
Vic died on on monday age 55 from lung cancer.
rip

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26321219-29277,00.html

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Edward Woodward the English actor has died, he was 79. Best known in Australia for being Breaker Morant in the excellent film of the same name. He was also the main character of the British spy show "Callan", and the American show "the Equalizer". Also he was the main character of the cult British film "the Wicker Man".

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Heart attack, In my opinion it is obviously drugs because a 32 year old wouldnt have a heart attack.
While I'm no expert on the matter, I do know that this is completely untrue. I'm not saying this was not caused by drugs (it's Hollywood - it's likely), but to say that you can't have a heart attack at that age is stupid.

A friend of mine nearly died of a heart attack when he was only 16. He wasn't on any drugs.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
This is very sad, I had a bit of a thing for Brittany Murphy back in the day :(. It is very rare for someone to have a heart attack, I suspect drugs because it is hollywood, but you never know perhaps there are heart issues in her family?

·
World's Happiest Person
7,154 Posts
While I'm no expert on the matter, I do know that this is completely untrue. I'm not saying this was not caused by drugs (it's Hollywood - it's likely), but to say that you can't have a heart attack at that age is stupid.

A friend of mine nearly died of a heart attack when he was only 16. He wasn't on any drugs.
Your friend may have had heart issues though, but then again I dont know if Brittany didnt have them so Im not one to say.
Soon find out though the media will make a big deal about it, sunrise have said about it about 50 times this morning.

181 - 200 of 1178 Posts